Their fault

Only Part! Short as well. Filled with feels.

*******************************************************************************

Newt's POV

"No," I whisper. Minho is walking out of the maze with a body in his arms. Everything seems to go in to slow motion. It's (Y/N). It's (Y/N). It's my darling (Y/N). Why is she hanging limp in his arms? Why is he crying? Is she hurt? He's walking over to the Medjacks hut. Why isn't he running? If she's hurt he should be going faster. I drop my shovel and scramble to reach them. They get inside before I can catch up. I pull open the door and my eyes are immediately cast to the pale girl lying on the bed. I rush over to her and take her hand in both of mine. It's cold. It has a little remaining warmth which gives me hope. 

Until I see Minho sobbing uncontrollably and Jeff and Clint with tears running down their faces. I start breathing heavy. Slowly my fingers shakily find their way to her wrist. I wait. Nothing. I wait more, in case. Nothing. Not a single thump. She's gone. The person I loved has left. Tears flood down my face. 

"W-wh. What happened?" I croak. I turn to Minho, who is still sobbing. 

"We- We were running t-the maze. Like always. And- and we ran in to a griever. I tried to get her in front of me. She was running. Then it grabbed her ankle. She fell. After smashing her head against the ground a few times, she was dead. W-well nearly. I tried to get to her. But it stabbed her. Through the stomach. S-she called one last thing out to me before she bled to death." He stutters through his sobs. He looks pained. I am shaking my head. 

"What?" I ask. 

"S-she said to tell you she loved you and you'll b-be alright." He lets it all out again. I can't silently cry anymore. I begin pounding my fists on the floor in anger. No, no she can't do this. Why did they do this? 

It's the creators fault. 

It's their fault.