1

If you are unaware of something that everyone else close to you is aware of...

Are they really that close?

-

I felt a gust of wind blow past me and a sharp blow to the back of my head.

"Yah I finally found you y/n," my friend James spoke.

"Would've been much better if you didn't," I huffed.

James got settled into his chair as the class hustled around waiting for the teacher to arrive.

"When do you think you'll apply for a job at Mooji's?" he asked.

I gave him no hesitation as I responded, "as soon as mid-terms are over. I already told you."

I had been piled with exams over the course of the last 3 weeks and I wasn't about to stress myself out over tests and a part time job.

James however, was giddy in excitement about the thought of working a part time job with his best bud.

He had no care for exams and to be honest, I wouldn't put it past him to fill his bubble sheet with doodles on the exam.

"Well if you don't end up starting within the next week, your position may be filled by someone else..." he smirked.

Not JJ

The thought of having those 2 in the same room together while working was astronomically unheard of.

"Not happening. Sorry James, I think I'll take up your offer instead."

Even though I was being lighthearted and partially joking, I was glad James was getting along well with JJ.

He had always been the loud type and quick on his feet. JJ was spunky but never really himself unless accompanied by james or me.

I still wanted the job though. It payed relatively well for a highschool student, and it was a nice environment for me to work in.

Plus, I would be with my friends. and I was willing to put away some end of the year studying to make some cash on the side.

I just hoped my experience there would be a decent one.