3

It felt like the air went cold as I sat rather uncomfortably on the metal stool.

"My name is Jo Woochan," he spoke calmly.

"I've been co-running this shop of sorts for about a year now."

I nodded, and he pressed on.

"To be honest we never thought it would be a problem hiring young individuals like yourself. But we've had some trouble in the past with employees not being able to cooperate with eachother."

The younger boy just gave me an unreadable look. I assumed he was judging me or trying to figure out whether he knew me or not.

"I assume you are aware that your older brother Leo used to work here y/n," he spoke interrupting my thoughts.

What?

"He did?" I questioned.

Woochan nodded.

"Well, what caused him to end up being- you know.. unemployed from here?" I asked. After all he was my brother for crying out loud.

Woochan drummed the table with his fingers while the younger boy's eyes flicked upwards to the ceiling and inhaled sharply.

"Let's just say he had ended a rela- friendship on bad terms. He went the wrong way about it at least.." he muttered almost incoherently.

I was befuddled to say the least, but nonetheless I was interested, and shocked. I knew Leo had trouble finding jobs and making friends in general because people assumed he had a cold personality.

That, and he didn't trust anyone.

Apparently someone had managed to get on his softer side, but something went wrong.

Terribly wrong.

Woochan once again interrupted my thoughts, but I was all ears.

"How can we expect to not assume the same thing might apply to you y/n?"

I was slightly taken aback at that bold question but the young boy intterupted before I could respond.

"You can't assume just because they are related they both have the same personality."

Woochan rolled his eyes at that comment, "careful Sangwon, or I'll have you in the exact same state of affairs as Leo and Yorch," he smirked.

Sangwon huh.

Woochan briefly scanned the application and eyed me suspiciously as if I was holding a miniature leo in my pocket or something.

"I'm gonna need some proof of identity and a work permit if you will. So we can enter you in our system," he said.

I reached into my bag and brought out the accompanying objects.

"So does this mean I got the job?" I asked hesitantly.

He smiled at me with this pitiful look and responded, "mhm yes for now."

"Don't disappoint us y/n we need all the help we can get."

He soon after shooed sangwon and I out of the office and before I pushed open the entrance doors, Sangwon lightly grabbed my shoulder.

I turned and he gave me a small smile to which I tried to return but it was hard because I wasn't sure of his actual opinion on me.

"Don't worry y/n you got this. their situation awhile ago was.. rare."

"It was something we didn't expect as a new business from two highschoolers but, I'm sure you will get along with us and the others very well."

I bowed slightly and thanked him. leaving the shop, my stomach felt queasy.

Perhaps from the sudden information Woochan glossed over so hastily I didn't feel as excited as I expected leaving Mooji's.