11

The walk to the actual store took much longer than it needed to.

With Sangwon's long strides forward, and my shorter physique it was hard to catch up with his speed walking

He halted to an abrupt stop in front of this shady looking building at the end of the street. It was barely lit up by any lights and the afternoon sunset was just about to appear. It would've been a cool scene to look at if I didn't actually have to go in.

I peek through the window to see if anyone was actually inside this gothic dust bin of a building and couldn't spot a single person inside.

I looked up at Sangwon, "should we go back? Looks like there isn't anyone here."

"No," he said simply. "We'll go inside and wait for someone."

"Uh huh, you might make more profit being a comedian rather than working at a stationary shop," I said mockingly.

He rolled his eyes and pushed the double doors, already pissed off.

Inside was a complete contrast to the inside of Mooji's. I already expected that looking from the outside. But I felt more unsafe with every step I took trailing behind Sangwon.

A rustling noise could be heard from under the counter and we both whipped our heads around to look at whoever was there.

An older man peaked his head out from under the table and glared at us. So now I was stuck with 2 grumpy people.

"Are you both here on the same account? To pick up the sheets?" The old man asked us.

"Yes," Sangwon replied. "Do you have them?"

The old man rolled his eyes in response, "of course I do. They're right here," he said, patting the counter with a stack of sheets clipped together.

"But before you pick them up, I was wondering if one of you could bring me the heavy duty printer from upstairs? I'm afraid my old age isn't going to comply with the load."

Sangwon answered immediately, "I'll do it."

The man looked at him weirdly, "You? Are you sure?"

Sangwon rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time, "yes me. Who else is gonna do it, her?" He said, tilting his head towards me.

"Thanks for being so supportive," I grumbled. He left and walked up the wooden stairs to the probably even dustier floor. Each step he took made a small creak in the floorboards, as if it was going to snap any second.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Aren't you gonna pick them up?" The old man asked.

I made my way over to the counter, reaching one arm to grab the papers and keeping my arm at my side for sudden use.

But however, I wasn't fast enough.

He grabbed my arm with a sick and twisted smile, he had a strong grip for an old man and it was terrifying.

For some reason I didn't scream, I know I should've but it never had the strength to leave my mouth.

As I struggled endlessly against his tight grip, Sangwon came downstairs lugging the large printer with some difficulty.

But as soon as he saw the situation he dropped the heavy load instantly and ran over to wrench the old man's hand off me. He pushed me aside as my back hit the counter, but not enough to seriously injure me.

He shoved the man into a pile of even more dusty boxes and his fist swung to the man's head.

Something was odd however...

I never heard the contact of his fist meeting his head, yet the old man screamed bloody murder. The punch should've knocked him out cold, not cause him to go insane.

In reality, his knuckles should've been throbbing, or at least limp from the 'punch' to his skull. But again, I was left dumbfounded

Sangwon raised himself up and pushed me out the door without warning, leaving those label sheets spread across the floor.