Chapter Five

Hinata and Kageyama actually walked with each other this morning, they were happy and talking. Kageyama used to ball to himself how much he wished Hinata liked him back. Now? He doesn't, he just wants a happy friendship from him. If He doesn't like Kageyama, at least he likes him as a friend. "Thank you Sho.." Kageyama said, sounding super sappy. "Oh my God Tobi, you're such a sap. Why are you being so sappyyyy~?" Hinata rolled off his tongue in the question. "I just want to thank you for that, because if you can't be my boyfriend.. Thank you for being my friend." Kageyama smiled. "Shut up with the sappy shit, I'll probably kiss you and both of us will regret it." Hinata said, "Use me." Kageyama demanded. Telling him to use him, to use him for warmth. "Tobi no.." Hinata said, honestly getting really into the sappiness right now.

"But.." Kageyama tried to disregard his shut down, "No Tobi. We're best friends and I am NOT ruining that." Hinata told him, which stung Kageyama a little bit. "Alright Sho.." Kageyama nodded and hugged Hinata, smiling. "I love you Tobi" Hinata said platonically, "I love you too Sho.." Kageyama replied. They smiled at each other and walked to the school for practice with large smiles on their faces, walking in. "It's about time you guys went back to normal." Sugawara said, letting them inside the gym as Daichi set up the volleyball net with the rest of the team. Everyone was back to normal and it finally was "peaceful" again. Although, Noya and Tanaka were still pretty chaotic and messing with Tsukishima. Tsukishima messes with them and bullies them with his words about their height.

They were mad at Tsukishima for bullying them for their height. "OH MY GOD YOU TALL ASS BEANSPROUT, LEAVE MY HEIGHT THE HELL ALONE!!!", "NISHINOYA YUU!!!!" Daichi yelled at him for screaming swear words, pretty sure that Tsukishima was just being his brutal self and criticizing others about their height.

Now.. This hurt.. Kageyama was staring at Hinata while he made googly eyes at Tsukishima. He was pretty upset and just looked away, tearing up a little bit.

Kageyama stared right at him, his soft, pointy hair, his soft smooth, pale skin, his chocolate brown eyes. He had a bright smile on his face that was slowly fading into an oval, he was staring at Tsukishima with intent, he could tell that he cared about Tsukishima. And Kageyama was only looking at Hinata, being able to tell this much, Hinata was dazed, it was so obvious. Everybody could see it, everybody around them, except Tsukishima. They could all tell the love triangle, although it's more like a love lollipop. Hinata and Tsukishima were the actual lollipop, Kageyama was the stick, the extra, Kageyama was the one who liked Hinata, but Hinata likes the one who completed his lollipop, Tsukishima, and Tsukishima likes him too. Kageyama knew this, of course he did, but he wanted them to figure it out themselves, although it's not working very well. The one Hinata was making googly eyes at, the one he was blushing over, the one he imagined himself with, wasn't Kageyama, and it hurt a lot.

Instead of Hinata looking at Kageyama, his eyes dazed on Tsukishima, Tsukishima ended up catching his gaze and stared back. Tsukishima wasn't intimidated, no, of course not. He was staring back with ease and softness, his gold hazel eyes were soft, right through the lenses of his glasses, you could see them, and they pierced through Hinata's heart, he was holding his chest now. Tsukishima isn't hard, he isn't "tough", he's pretty soft but just has a wall up, instead of it being brick or stone, it's a web, and Hinata was the fly. He was stuck to the wall, trying to get away from it or get over it, but he couldn't, he was stuck. Tsukishima saw something that snapped him out of the daze of those dark chocolate eyes. He saw a setter with jet black hair, staring at Hinata. Anybody could see the heartbreak in his eyes, it made Tsukishima stiffen up, he thought Hinata liked Kageyama, but it was obvious that he didn't. Knowing that maybe, Tsukishima had a chance, made him a bit happy, no lies there, but knowing that there's still most likely someone else, ruined it a little bit. Although he thought it was a mere crush, a simple part of his life that would just fade away, it wasn't. Tsukishima and Tadashi had known that, but now, he could tell. Kageyama knew too, which meant that if Hinata was staring at Tsukishima, Tsukishima wasn't just some crush either, and that's how Tsukishima found out.