Meredith + Nick (6)

This will be the last part, in which I try to wrap up the storylines... I wish I would have more time to continue this story, but I hope you like it anyway 💕

....

After Charlotte's appointment with Jo, Meredith had received a message from her that 'everything was okay.' Which on one side made her feel relieved, on the other side she wasn't quite sure what it meant. And even though she hasn't spend that much time with Charlotte yet, she already cared about her a lot and only wanted the best for her. So, she was glad to see Charlotte standing at the door to her office the next day once again.

"Hello, Charlotte." Meredith greeted her with a small smile, as she walked over to her, having just come out of a surgery. She opened the door for both of them to get inside before she turned towards Charlotte again.

"Hey, I just came... to thank you for yesterday." Charlotte stated quietly.

"There's nothing to thank me for, Charlotte. I'm glad you came to me." Meredith answered softly, while giving her a small smile before she added "How are you?"

"I'm okay. Dr. Wilson said that it seemedmore like I was late on my period... ehich was probably caused by the exhaustion from our week long hiking trip, combined with the stress from flying across the country... so, you were right." Charlotte ended with a small smile.

"How are you feeling?" Meredith asked softly, observing her carefully.

"I-" Charlotte took a deep breath "The past few days were just a lot of emotions... And I kinda feel stupid for freaking out now, knowing that it was just a stronger bleeding because I was late..."

"Don't!" Meredith interrupted softly but determined "I'm really glad you asked for help and know that you can always come and ask." Meredith gave her an encouraging smile.

"Thank you." Charlotte whispered after another moment, looking up at Meredith.

"You're welcome." Meredith answered softly.

As Charlotte was about to leave the office, already having reached the door, Meredith called her one more time.

"Charlotte?"

"Yes?" She turned around.

"I still think you should talk to your Uncle." Meredith stated carefully "He's been there for you your entire life, I'm sure he will still be there for you no matter what." Meredith gave her an encouraging smile.

"I will." Charlotte sighed "I'm just not sure I'm ready for this conversation."

"Okay." Meredith answered understandingly.

...

The rest of her day, Meredith spent working in her office, slowly but surely seeing first results off their efforts to bring the hospital out of the mess it was in, slowly starting to feel like there might be some hope left for this place. They had to cut back on their daily surgeries to afford the high standard of quality they wanted to provide, they also had to close the emergency room for a limited time, to be able to handle the blood and physician shortage, but with new attendings starting to work, and finally new blood supplies arriving in the next few days, it seemed to get better again.

She didn't see Nick the whole day, since he was still covering most of her and Bailey's service, which she was incredibly thankful for. When her work day came to an end, at least officially, just as she was thinking about what she could do next, she received a message from Nick.

'I hope you are already on your way home.' - Nick

He knew her just too well. She took a deep breath, before forcing herself to actually stop working. She slowly packed up her things and changed into her street clothes before she answered his message.