Teach Me

Ms. O'Donnel's class was kind of a bitch. Even you had to admit it, and you did pretty well for yourself in school.

You had been stealing glances at Eddie Munson all year-- the older, charming, slightly dangerous but all-too-fluffy dungeon master with the best damn hair you'd ever seen.

You came from different worlds and two obviously opposite ends of the social spectrum. Eddie was loud and loved to make a scene, putting his humor on display for any and everyone with no regrets. Whereas you tried to stay to yourself and avoid human interaction to the best of your ability.

That didn't stop what was once your little spark of interest with Eddie from turning into a full on wildfire; vibrant flames that were fanned every time you saw that devilish grin of his.

You had to work hard to avert your eyes as he drummed on his notebook with his pencil, twirling the ends of his hair with his free hand. You'd look away successfully, just to feel your eyes slowly drifting back to him moments later.

His rings caught your eye this time as he played with his hair, the different silver bands catching the sunlight as his fingers bent and twirled around the strands of hair. You had to swallow back the audible gasp that rose in your throat when he suddenly turned his head and caught you staring.

You quickly looked down at your desk, scribbling nonsense in your notebook as if you'd been working away the whole class period - not daydreaming about his ring-clad fingers being wrapped around your throat.

You could feel your heart ramming against your ribcage as you willed the bell to ring, granting you a sweet escape into the sea of people that would flood the hallways, hiding you from the piercing doe eyes that were burning into you now.

You glanced back up momentarily to find Eddie still looking at you, a cheeky smirk sitting perfectly on his face. You blinked a few times, suddenly forgetting how to look away.

Hi he mouthed as Ms. O'Donnel drawled on about the book report assignment, rushing to push out details before the final bell rang.

You lifted your hand and waved discreetly as your cheeks burned red.

His smile grew wider as he admired your shyness, something Eddie absolutely adored about you.

The bell rang and you thanked the Gods, hurrying to shove your books in your bag and get the hell out of there. You managed to slip out of the class before anyone else, speed walking to your locker to put your things away despite your first thought to just lug it all home to save time.

You shut the locker, your heart practically leaping from your chest as Eddie stood propped against the lockers behind it. You let out a small yelp that sent a chuckle straight through him.

"Didn't mean to scare you," he said as he watched you with an amused grin. "I'm Eddie. We have English together," he says as he motions down the hall.

"Yeah, I know," you say hesitantly. "I'm-"

"Y/N," he finishes for you as he shakes your hand slowly, his cold rings pressing into your hand. "I know," he says as he squints his eyes with a grin.

Your name falling from his lips was a melody you could listen to on repeat. You were a little shocked that he knew your name, but the thought quickly vanished as your focus turned to how intently he was watching you.

You realize you're standing there like an idiot so you throw your bag over your shoulder, trying to appear less like a star-struck loser.

"Well, have a good day," You say awkwardly as you walk past him, taking a deep breath as you feel your nerve endings singe.