CHAPTER 2

The Shin Group of Companies is undeniably the most powerful corporation to exist in the country. Their malls, resorts, and offices are heavily enjoyed by the crowd — making the employee qualification as competitive.

Its CEO and Founder, who likes to call himself Shin, is even given medals by the President for being able to boost South Korea's economy by extending his business globally — reaching number one in the charts.

He had an obvious charm — anyone who interacted with him could vouch for that. That was the strength he used to build partnerships. Of course, he was the master of seduction.

Not knowing he hid a dark secret as well.

With the standard Shin set, it became a wonder for the people on who would continue his legacy. As everyone knows, he had only two children — that with Ryujin being hidden.

Leeknow and Yuna... The darlings of the crowd.

While Leeknow was the charmer to the ladies, Yuna had everyone under her power due to how cute and adorable she was. Hence, they both got that from their father.

So, the million dollar question is... Who among them would inherit the Shin Group of Companies?

"Me!" Yuna raised her hand.

"Yes, Ms. Shin?" Her professor acknowledged her. "What is the mitochondria?"

"The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell," she gracefully answered.

It was an ordinary day for Medical Biology major, Shin Yuna. She studied in the best university in South Korea, and she was also consistent in garnering academic awards.

"Correct!" The professor smiled. And as if on cue, the bell rang. "Now, class, don't forget your assignments. We will also conduct your case study next week."

The class groaned.

"I'm not extending that case study anymore," she glared. "Well, if you don't like, I'll have you all make a full-blown thesis due next week."

"No!"

"That's what I thought," she chuckled. "Have a great weekend."

As soon as the professor left the room, two women made their way towards Yuna who was busy returning her books and pens inside her bag. She turned around to meet them.

"Gosh! I can't stand her!" Her friend, Yujin, complained. "I hate this subject!"

"Yuna looks like she doesn't," Dayeon chuckled before slinging an arm over her friend's neck.

Dayeon and Yujin had been Yuna's friends since High School. At first, they did not get along. However, they had a trope of enemies to friends. Now, they are lifelong sisters.

"I hate it too!" Yuna pouted — her friends and classmates always saw her as the one interested in their subjects. But of course, there were times she hated it too.

"But come on," Dayeon shrugged. "Even though we hate it, we still have to prepare for the case study. I just don't like when she asks what disease the cadaver had."

"I'm not eating that day," Yujin butted in. "I can't swallow food when I'm looking at a dead-ass person!"

"Oh, my gosh," Yuna fake vomited. "That makes me sick. I don't want to eat now too!"