Episode 12 - Confessions of Mischief - Blurb

After discovering someone has tampered with her birth control, fantasy romance writer, Melody suspects her trickster god character, Loki, and chooses a change of scenery to try to recover from the treachery.

***

When I agreed to Loki's deal, I didn't expect to fall for my fictional character. I'm only his writer. I can't join him in his story universe, and he can't stay here in mine. But as much as I've enjoyed our time together, betrayal leaves a nasty aftertaste. What else can I think when my special contraceptive tea, the one crafted by Frigga herself to protect me, is tampered with? It's time to take care of myself, to cut ties with my far too sensual god of chaos, no matter how he tempts me. I can't imagine why he'd resort to such underhanded methods of seeking my attention. All I can hope is time and distance will give me the strength to repair my broken heart and then confront him. Tropical drinks, sand, sun, and ripped beach bodies will anchor me back in this world, my real world. Yeah, I'm definitely leaving the laptop at home.

A/N: This is the final episode of Breaking The 4th Wall Season One. It is currently available for preorder on Amazon and will be released: September 16, 2024. In October, I'll release a bundle (Fiction's Embrace, Episodes 9-12) in ebook, paperback, and audiobook format. If you've enjoyed this series and would like a second season, please consider reviewing the episodes on goodreads as I'm not eligible for many promotions until I reach a threshold of at least 10 reviews for each episode.