Misfit

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

My mom got out of the car. She walked towards the other parents and started conversing with them.
I sighed. "How can I be an extrovert like mom."
Dad turned in the driver's seat and looked at mom with me.
"I don't know honey, she's just too amazing."
I smiled. My parents were amazing.

I started thinking about my parent's relationship.
They've been married for 19 years, and they honestly seemed like the perfect couple. Which is hard to believe, but I don't have too many memories of them arguing. And even if they did, they would make up right after.
I want a marriage like that in the future.
I want a man who acts like my dad.

"Y/N!" I looked up to see who interrupted my thoughts.
"Yes mom?"
She stuck her head in through the window.
"Get out here, the parents want to meet you."
I felt my heart sink as anxiety set in.
"What no-" But mom had already opened the door and tugged on my wrist.
I heard dad snicker before I got out.
Thanks a lot dad.

"Don't worry Y/N they're really nice people, plus you already know Lumine and Aether's parents."
I just bit the inside of my cheek and tried my best to look confident.
"So, this is my daughter Y/N, she plays the flute."
The adults all looked at me with warm smiles, which relieved me a tiny bit.

"Aw Y/N you're absolutely gorgeous!"
What?
I haven't been complimented in a long time; I didn't even think I was pretty. Just normal?
I smiled sheepishly. "Thank you so much."
"How long have you been playing flute Y/N?"
They started to crowd around me.
"Uh a little longer than a year."
I was starting to get uncomfortable, and I hoped my mom could tell.

"So, shouldn't we get going? The event might start soon." My mom brought up and the parents all collectively agreed with her. Mr. Zhongli gave out directions to the venue and everyone started to head to their cars. 

"Thank you so much for interfering mom. I was feeling a bit claustrophobic." I breathed out a thank you to my mom once we entered the car.
"Anytime Sweetie, I could tell you were feeling uncomfortable with all the attention." She smiled back at me from the passenger's seat.

"Oh Mr. Zhongli's car has taken off." Dad pointed out.
Mr. Zhongli had a big van so he could take the big instruments and the members who didn't have a car or whose parents couldn't take them.
'I'm glad I have my parents to take me.'
I don't know what I would've done if I had to ride in that car with so many unfamiliar people.

During the car ride, I anticipated what would happen today, or what I hoped would happen today. Would that boy acknowledge me?
Would I make a friend?
Well, guess what I hoped for didn't come true.
Here's a breakdown:

During the car ride there, I was just sitting quietly with my chin in the palm hands thinking about you.
Hah kidding.
Wallowing in the pain of my anxiety and solicitude.
How fun.
"Y/N you should stop worrying about it so much. If you don't make friends, it's ok. It happens on its own time."
I squinted my eyes at a couple walking hand in hand on the sidewalk.
"Yeah, I know that dad, it's just I don't like being lonely. It makes me feel pathetic."

Dad didn't say anything for a while. Maybe he was pondering carefully on his next words.
And after, when a few minutes had gone by, he finally said something. "Hmm, I know how that feels darling. But isn't it better to observe who would be a good friend?"
I thought about what dad had said.
"Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks dad."