Tanner's Home

Author's Note: Thank you for reading the last chapter! Sadly, there are many people who are reading but not voting, and if you've enjoyed this story please do consider voting/leaving a comment. I'd appreciate it a lot :) Anyways, back to the story..

Back in the kitchen, Gloria, MItch, and Cam were unloading the ingredients for Gloria's family recipe. She had brought it to their house a week earlier, eager to prepare for it all. Mitchell paced around his kitchen, inspecting everything as Cam read the parchment with the recipe.

''Um..this sounds like a song, Gloria. Are you sure this is the right paper?''

Gloria nodded. ''Why?''

''It says, 'You heal the salt to my wounds,''Cam continued reading, squinting his eyes. ''Is this the right-''

''It means we need one teaspoon of salt,''Gloria said with a shrug.

''How do you know it's one tablespoon? I think you need two for this,'Mitch, who was measuring some garlic powder said.

Gloria disagreed.

''Fine, let's settle this like mature adults,''Mitch said. He got one and a half spoonful of salt and poured it into the bowl.

Gloria screamed. ''Ay, that's not a tablespoon you dummy! That's a big spoon. You're going to make honey turn salty! Why weren't you looking?''

''Well, my eyes were fixed on this strange recipe your- your ancient grandmommhy made.''

GLoria banged the chopping board on the counter. ''What did you SAY?''

Cam sighed. This was already going downhill.

Lily and Hyacinth left the Tucker-Pritchett home without the adults noticing, for they were too busy discussing Gloria's family recepi in the kitchen.

''I heard that dish tastes splendid!''Lily said as she pushed the brakes on her bike. They had arrived at her crush, Tanner's house.

''Forget the recipe, we're here! This is a big moment, what if Tanner confesses his love for you?''Hyacinth gushed.

She was running alongside Lily's bike, having left hers at home. But somehow she made it to Tanner's house first. They got down and gaped at the brownstone, unsure of their next move.

''Sounds like a big moment for you,''Lily said in a deadpan voice. ''Why are you so excited, it's like you're bouncing!''

''Why would you not be?''

''Fine, I'm a bit nervous,''Lily admitted, knots forming in her stomach. ''If Tanner didn't write the poem and I just straight up asked him..''

''Don't worry, I'll be here to help you,''Hyacinth promised. The two of them still remained stationary, Lily's hands at her bike's handle. ''Should I just ask him?''

''Yeah, and I'll make up an alibi that'll make you look cute,''Hyacinth said. ''I'm already thinking of one right now, even if he didn't send the poem, he'll be attracted-''

''Please don't,''Lily sighed.

She parked her bike on Tanner's front yard, locking it. She heard all about how Hyacinth's brother Manny's bike got stolen from not doing that. They both approached the house, ringing the doorbell.

They heard footsteps as someone hurried to the door.

Hyacinth squeezed her friend's hand just as a lock clicked open. A middle aged woman's head peeked out of the door. There was a warm, almost maternal vibe to her. But the girls weren't looking. Their eyes were fixed behind the woman, presumably Tanner's mother. Tanner himself was sitting comfortably in a couch, his arms around Christina, a popular girl from school. They were laughing together, sharing a bowl of popcorn.

Lily's face twisted into a disbelieving knot. Her cheeks turned hot as Tanner and Christina turned to her, perplexed. Tanner did not send the poem.

Beside her, Hyacinth's jaw dropped. Lily turned to her, Tanner's mother, who said ''Yes?'', and then to Christina, looking friendly but surprised.

Lily suddenly saw the funny side to it all. This whole situation, it was all hilarious.

Author's note: What do you guys think will happen from now on? Leave a comment!

If Tanner didn't send the love letter, who do you think it was?