𝐕𝐈.

TRYING TO REACH BACK INTO THE GROWING DARKNESS

Grim wanted nothing more than beat the first year holding him. His human was still in the mines, trying to fight that monster. Just for their safety and these two humans just abandoned her like that. No arguing back, no nothing.

"ERGH! Let me go, you stupid human!!"

The monster let out his fire magic making Deuce drop him abruptly to avoid getting burn by his flames.

Grim gave the two the more blazing glare he ever held. How dare they! How dare they leave his human! The only human who gave him care instead of the usual brutality he receives!

Before he could spat out another round of his blazing azure flames, he felt a familiar presence. Looking behind him with hopeful eyes, there stood a panting Dahlia. Her skirt was tattered and her face was littered with dirt.

"Human!"

Grim happily leaped on his human's arms, burying his face on top of her chest with prickling tears on the corner of his eyes.

Dahlia's face softens as she pats the monster's head and whispered that she was okay.

Deuce and Ace was frozen at their place. Guilt racked over their being. Even if Dahlia was a strong woman, she was still a student like them. She was just a teen like them. They shouldn't have left her there all alone. They shouldn't have run like cowards.

Dahlia can sense their guilt and looked at them. "I found a way to defeat the monster, I have a plan."

This time, Ace and Deuce swore on their life and to the Great Seven's name, they will not run like cowards again, they will not leave her again like that.

At the entrance of the mine, Grim jumped on one of the rocks and spotted his target, mustering up some courage he yelled, "He—HEY, MONSTER! I'm uh...I'm over here!!"

The monster turned around spotting Grim and let out a loud roar. Grim jumped off the rock and start to head back to a designated place. "He's comin' our way! Dahlia!"

"That's far enough, you piece of shit!"

"Grrurgh? Thieeeef thiiis waaaay tooooo... Neeeeevvvva giiive stoooones! Neeeeevvvaaa!" the monster growled out throwing out a punch at Dahlia. Thankfully, after catching Grim, she managed to dodge to the side.

"Eep! If it lands one of those punches, we're toast!" Grim squeaked seeing the damage.

"We're going to lure it far from the cave as we can," Dahlia responded before placing Grim on top of her head. She warned Grim saying, "Hold on tight!" before sprinting away from the monster.

"Begoooone! BEGOOOOOOOONE!"

Grim looked back to check their distance and reported to Dahlia, "We got him a good distance away from the mine!"

Dahlia nodded before seeing the two Heartslabyul residents and stopped behind them. "ACE! DEUCE!! NOW!" she ordered as she took her stance. Grim jumped off her head and hopped on Ace's head this time for their combination move.

"You're the boss, Princess. One extra-large gust of wind, comin' up!" Ace casted his signature spell, a wind charm.

"With a side of Grim's blazin'-hot fire!! MYAAAH!"