16

I quietly opened the door and snuck inside, slowly turning the door handle. Once it was closed fully, I locked it and placed my forehead against the door.

Letting out a sigh, I lifted myself from the wood and turned slowly, letting a long groan escape. I fixated my eyes and gave a frown as I looked ahead.

"Would've been nice to know you were there." I stared at a smug smile and cloudy grey eyes. V pushed himself from the couch and crossed his arms.

"And ruin the surprise? I think not, thot." He smirked, raising a hand to point to the kitchen. "Believe it or not, I saved you some panca-"

"MOVE IT OR LOSE IT!" I cut him off by dashing past and making a break for the kitchen. My delicious treats shall wait no longer, for I have come to reclaim my maple syrup crown.

***

The sound of my wheels drumming on the tarmac was deafening as I rode towards my place of work. I felt drained as soon as I saw it, inching closer and closer every millisecond. Sighing, I hopped off my board and flicked it up, holding it tightly in my hand.

I opened the back door and slithered in, walking towards the employee lockers. I sighed as I replaced the skateboard in my hand for a bag with my uniform in it. With a shrug and a deep seeded annoyance for anything and everything, I proceeded to the women's bathroom to get changed.

I walked through the door and raised an eyebrow. The mirror was still cracked from Nayeon's little episode, but there were more things. There was two large burn marks on the wall, with faint handprints inside them, as well as a sink cracked. I bit my lip as I studied the damage.

'Jeez, didn't need to make the place look like a riot just happened. The place was already a death pit, but now it's even more of a rotting hell.'

Sliding out, I fixed my purple fedora, making sure to tuck any fur away. I snapped my eyes up to survey the room. A performance was happening on the stage, three young musicians all played third instruments with smiles. The trumpet, the trombone and a bass. I always wanted to play the trombone, it seemed fun.

With a whistle and a clank of glasses, I walked over to a group and immediately started to fill their drinks up.

***

"And then... I shh.. shh-wung at him, like pow! Broke tha' dudes nose, hah." A blonde girl babbled, drunk out of her mind and stacking her shot glasses. I tended to other patrons, but listened into her, a small smile on my face. I walked back to refill a glass, which the dispenser happened to be right in front of her.

"Oh yeah? And then what happened?" I inquire, light amusement in my tone. She held a finger to her chin as she slumped down, hitting the table hard. Also making her small shot tower collapse for about the seventh time.

"Well, I got out my ol' gun and tried shootin' him. It... uh, didn't do the do thing. I fired, and then I missed. So I fired again, and then I missed." She started to mumble the same thing over and over again, all while sloppily stacking her shot glasses up again and again.

I gave a chuckle as I returned, easily hearing her story from across the bar. She seemed so oblivious to the outside world while she fidgeted with her glasses. I leaned against the table and frowned.

"Chaeyoung, you should probably think about going home. Or wherever you go." I mutter, helping her stack small tower. She gave a rough shake of her head while she pouted.

"Nerh... No! I wanna stay here with you." she stuttered, the alcohol truly getting to her.

"I told you seven shots wouldn't be good for you." I mutter, frowning at her childish display. She let out a string of giggles, cutting out her incoherent babbles.

"Did you know, that you're super duper cute? And that you need love, and kisses and that you should totally give me attention." She wagged a finger, a goofy smile plastered to her lips. "I could, make happy you. You feel me? 'Cause I just wanna snuggle up to your ears, y'know, 'cause their fluffy as hell." She grinned, poking and prodding at the glass tower.

A small blush spread across my face as I swiped the glasses from her and placed them on my side of the counter.

"Remind me to never let you have alcohol again..." I mumble tiredly. A high pitched squeal made me look back up. She hand her hands in a thumbs up expression while she had a dumb struck look on her face. Honorable mentions go to her drool stream.

I let out a long sigh. "Goddamnit, you little cub."

I walked around the bar and grabbed one of her hands, leading her behind the corner and through the saloon type doors. Thankfully, there wasn't many people at the bar, or she would've surely been teased or hurt. I let her sit in the break room while I went back to finish my shift, which was only ten minutes away.

***

"God fucking damnit." I seethed, biting down on my tongue.

This girl. This freaking girl is going to make me lose my marbles. Twice she's slipped out of my grip, and twice she's faceplanted. I sighed, wiping her drool away with the bottom of my hoodie.

"Whey..!" She giggled, thumbs up. I rolled my eyes while giving a small smile.

"Hold on there innocent cub, we're almost there." And indeed we were. Just up ahead was the skyscraper that held one of the world's most dangerous criminal.

*cough* human bunny of anger issues *cough cough*

With a huff, I shoved Chaeyoung into the elevator, the girl unsteady on her feet. I gave a small grin as I pressed the button and stood outside the elevator doors. The bright blonde was swaying from side to side, a long string of drool down her chin.

"Good luck cub, hope you get up there safely." I gave a small wave, then shoved my hand back in my pocket.

"Whey..?" She blinked, mouth still open. I gave a sigh.

"See you soon, okay?" As the elevator doors started to shut, I turned my back and was about to start walking when something grabbed my hood. I shrieked as I toppled backwards, into the elevator. I groaned, rubbing my head. I felt something wet fall on my face. I opened my eyes to see Chaeyoung standing over me.

"Whey!" She cheered, still with her thumbs out. I stood and used my sleeve to rub the drool off my cheek. I looked at the doors to see them close, and the number above starting to rise. A heavy sigh left my lips.

"Great..."