14. Confession

It would be better for everyone if I wasn't around them. I'm a criminal now.

Peter POV

"Peter, Tony set up a room for you. Want to see it?" Bucky asks gently. I look up and shake my head.

I want to go home. I don't want to be stuck in the tower. I want to be with Aunt May. She's going to get in trouble.

*I need to go home. I have to protect Aunt May. She's going to get in trouble. It's going to be my fault.* I tell Bucky and stand up. I move to leave the building, but he stops me with a hand on my shoulder.

"May's going to be okay, bud. You can't go out there. Everyone is looking for you." Bucky says. I shake my head violently.

*You don't understand. May is my Aunt. She's family. I can't leave her.* I sign.

"You were going to," Tony says from behind me. I turn and look at him.

"I saw the note on your counter. Your plan was to leave and not tell her where you were going." He says.

*I wasn't planning on coming here either. I didn't want anyone to know where I was going. You'd all be safer that way.* I sign.

"Where were you going to go? The entire world is on the hunt for you. That broadcast, aired globally." Tony points out. I shrug, not having thought of that.

*Somewhere where the people I love aren't in danger.* I finally answer. A second passes before I sign again.

*Part of me thinks I should just turn myself in. That way I can clear everyone's name. That way no one will get in trouble.* I admit.

"No. Absolutely not, Peter." Bucky says.

"I agree with Metal-Arm. You can't turn yourself in. That will make everything worse." Tony says.

*Worse for who? I can clear your name, Aunt May's name, Ned, MJ, Wade, everyone. You won't get in trouble and I won't have to be constantly looking over my shoulder.* I sign.

"Peter, if you turn yourself in, you'll go to jail. Actually, you'll probably be killed. They're calling you -" I cut Tony off.

*I know what they're calling me.*

"Please, Pete. You can't turn yourself in. It's way too risky." Bucky says.

*I know. Can I see that room please?* I ask, giving up on the conversation. I know I'm right. It will be better for everyone if I turn myself in.

"Sure. Come on." Tony says and walks away.

We enter the elevator.

"Which floor, sir?" JARVIS asks.

"Residential, one." Tony responds. The elevator starts moving. We come to a stop and Tony leads me to another elevator. This one has buttons.

"This is the residential elevator. It can only access the floors of each Avenger and the Hulk floor. We are on the guest residential floor. You can only access this floor, and therefore this elevator, if JARVIS allows you onto this floor. Only the Avengers are allowed without special permission. I'll work on getting you access as well." I nod in understanding. He then motions to the buttons.

"Each of the buttons correlate to the specific hero."

He points to the bottom button. It has a radioactive symbol on it.

"This is Hulk's floor. It's 100% Hulk-Proof. If Dr. Banner feels a Code Green coming on, we try to get him there before Hulk comes out. If Hulk does come out, that's where we lure him too. Never go there unless Dr. Banner tells you to do so, okay?" I nod.