Chapter 23: Soulmate

"So...car rental just sent over surveillance, records and last GPS location of the vehicle. Because of the size and terrain, it will be impossible for any truck to make it that far into the forest, so we will have to go with a drone and hatchbacks." Hicks explained staring at the screen.

"Video records show a woman, long brown hair, paying with cash. I ran the face through recognition and the system came back with-" Luca paused, as he read off the tablet in his hands, "Kimberly Ann Reed, 36 year old female from Oberlin, Ohio. Only one charge of domestic dispute a year ago against her late husband."

They rolled the command center closer to the location, now sitting some 3 miles off the entrance of the forest. SWAT gathered just outside of the unit, as every top officials worked inside. The information provided by Rubio turned out to be the huge break they were waiting for! Now, they had a suspect, vehicle and a location. They just needed to figure out a plan to breach and rescue the officer without spooking the perp. They had to be careful since they didn't want to endanger the officer's life.

"Lieutenant Moore...Captain Stone...we will move together...our main goal is to neutralize...remember to always maintain the calm...the suspect is...Sergeant Li, your crew will move.."

Deacon and Hicks admired the way Chris handled herself. It was a masterful performance as she worked in sync with Hicks and the other lieutenants with the maps, documents and others. She was able to hear them and guide them; as an active participant in the process. She never shut anyone out, but made sure to compromise. When she disagreed with the gentlemen, especially Hicks, instead of closing off like sometimes she would do, she would explain her reasons until she inadvertently made the other rethink his position. The leaders of the crews surrounded her and listened attentively,as they figured out the best way to come rescue Street.

"She's good!" Deacon whispered to Luca

"What have we done?" he answered, as both giggled quietly

The biggest obstacle she had was maintaining the situation under control. She knew that as a nurse, this woman was well aware of the many ways to cure  the human body, but also the ways to harm it. She was clearly not in her right mind and ambushing her could potentially set Street up to be killed.

This Juliet, as she had demonstrated so far, was very dangerous. It meant that  she was willing to pull any stunt to keep him by her side. LA just lived a horrific moment last week when a young woman was going to jump off a bridge and her husband came in to talk her out of it, only to be grabbed and dragged over the structure to their unfortunate death. If this woman was willing to threaten Chris and kidnap Street, then she could, if pushed, drag him into a potential shoot out and both end up dead.

"We need to separate her from him. Keep her calm, while one group gets the officer. If she is pushed she could break and harm him. Besides, we don't know what is her plan... because I assume it doesn't involve living in the woods forever!" Chris said to the gentlemen around her

They went back to the drawing boards and slowly but steady began formulating the perfect plan of rescue.

-----

"Hey, honey!", said the young woman overly excited to see him finally awake, "finally, you're awake!"

"Uh...." he was still very dozy, and kept looking around with no specific target

"I'm so glad you're awake. I've been dying to talk to you." she said excitingly

"Who...are...you?" he muttered slowly, looking around still very lost

"Don't you know? I'm your number one fan! Your soulmate! Oh, honey! Don't you worry. If you feel fussy and maybe a little woozy, just relax." she said softly, approaching him from one side of the room, "I'm your one true love...the queen that will make you the best king. Oh! I have waited for many years and now we can finally be together."