Chapter 17- The First Advanced Netherstar Sword

Shelby's POV

I'm gonna go insane in a second. Why is my luck so bad today!? Killed 2 Frost Maws, got no crystals. Killed 2 Sun Gods, got no masks! What is this!? Some kind of sick joke?!

I take a deep breath, calming myself down as I sit on Monty's back, him still in mid air above the tiki village. I can't believe this. How is my luck this bad?

<Shelby> I'm gonna lose my mind. I killed 2 sun gods and neither of them dropped a mask

<Scott> You have no luck

<Shelby> Also, two frost maws, and no crystal

I'm losing it. I could scream in frustration right now. I don't understand why i'm just so unlucky. Kyle did the same tactic as me and HE got the mask, so why am I not getting one!?

"Maybe it's like a 50% chance that they drop it on death?" Whisper asks.

"Maybe, but you'd think I'd have at least one by now" I huff in reply.

I shake my head, taking a deep breath.

I sigh. "I'll just... try again another day" I say with that sigh, having Monty land down a little ways away from the village and I put him in his amulet, before taking out my map that I finally got around to making, and I teleport back to my house, only to feel... cold all of a sudden.

"What the...?" I trail, looking around my house to see snow everywhere. How did... snow get in my house? My wolf, Jack, was up on the couch, looking confused at the snow. That's when I look out the window and see a large wall of snow surrounding my floating islands.

"What in the name of Nikokei is..." I trail, unsure on what to say. I step outside the house and see that it completely surrounds my islands, well, the main one. "Oh my god..." I whisper.

That's when I see a sign on the bridge, so I go over and read it.

Revenge is Sweet - MM

"Mystery Man did this?" I say, looking around the dome of snow that he's encased my main island in. I don't know how this is stable. It broke my beacon! I'll need to fix that... once my wings aren't paralysed, that is.

This is... crazy. Although... I may keep it for a while. This will take ages to take down, considering it's wrapped entirely around my island.

And i'm pretty sure it messed up my spring water fountain too. I'll need to fix that as well. Goodness gracious me...

I'm too stressed to deal with this right now. I may as well go clean up the snow inside of my house though, because I don't want that melting and flooding my house.

So, I grab my shovel and begin tossing the snow outside of my house bit by bit, humming a tune to myself as I do. A tune that only Nikokein's will know of. It was very symbolic in my kingdom.

I don't remember the meaning behind it anymore... I just remember how much I loved this tune.

"What in the world...?" I hear from outside. I peak out to see Scott standing there on confusion.

"Oh, hey Scott" I say with a sheepish smile.

"What the heck happened here?" he laughs, folding his wings against his back as he walks over to me, seeing me shoveling snow out of my house.

"Mystery Man happened" I say simply.

"Oh" he hums, "Makes sense. Although, what did you do to annoy him?".

"Killed 2 frost maws that were supposedly his pets. I guess this was his way of revenge" I laugh. He laughs with me. I notice something sticking out of his bag that looks oddly like a Netherstar sword, but I ignore it for now.