Part 1

'Aaand the last one is shot down!' Maverick, one of my best friends shouted full of joy we finally can go back again after a couple of hours up in the air. 

'Permission to land?' my Frontman or should I say Frontwoman asks. 

'Yes.' came back and that was the sign to fly back. 

'Was fun today don't you think.' 

'Oh yes it was.' 

Suddenly I saw something on the screen in front of me.

'Hey hey hey wait I think there's someone behind us.'

'It's just Maverick and Goose trying to annoy us probably.' 

'No they're already on the ship.' 

'Okay this is not good.' 

'Try to fly up again.' 

Maya pulled back the stick trying to fly up again. 

'Shit we've been hit!' 

'Maverick! Goose! Where are you?!' I shouted in my mask. 

'We're on the way!' 

'Hurry!' 

Another shot. It hit us again and our plane explodet. 

I pulled the strings above my head to shoot us out of it. I hit the sea not far away from my Frontman who isn't moving anymore. 

'Maya! Maya! No no no no! This can't be! You can't be dead!' I screamed in panic. When I finally reached her I pulled her on me to keep her out of the water. Her head is covered in blood. Not much later I see a helicopter which is going to pick us up. 

................................................................................................................................................................

I wake up shaking and wet of my own sweat. Since a couple of days I can't sleep well anymore because of this dream. My dad doesn't know about this otherwise he would try to convince me that this isn't going to happen. Yes I don't live with my father because I wanted to make it on my own. Not that everyone thinks I got to Top Gun because of my father. 

................................................................................................................................................................

One week before:

'Stirrups, Wing, Maverick, Goose! My office! Now!' our commander said. 

We look at each other confused but followed him and entered his office. 

'Kooger just quitted. He would have gone to Top Gun because he was the best. Both of you were second best. That means you are best now! And you are going to Top Gun! Five weeks you're going to fly against the best pilots. One mistake and you're out and you can go home! Dismissed!' We saluted and left the office. 

'Is he serious? Top Gun?' Maverick asked in disbelieve but happy. Him and Goose lifted their hands for a high five. 

................................................................................................................................................................

'Dad!' I run up to him and jump into his arms. 

'How long has it been?' he asks hugging me back tight.

'Four years. Much too long.' 

'But you didn't grow much this entire time.' 

'Oh shut up! Mum wasn't taller.' I said joking. 

'Oh and not to forget. My Wingmen Maverick and Goose. And my Frontman or Frontwoman Stirrups.' 

'Good. Now come I'mma show you your place to live for the five weeks. Y/N if you want you can sleep at mine.' 

'I'd love to.' 

Together we left the airport and got to the Academy because there are the little houses for the students. 

After we said goodbye to the others we drove home where we ate something. 

'I think I'mma take a shower and go to bed then.'

'Good Idea. I'll clean the kitchen. Tomorrow we're leaving at half past six!' 

'Noted!' 

After a long warm shower I changed into my pyjamas and went to bed. As soon as my head touched the pillow I fell asleep and woke up the next morning because of my alarm. 

'Wow. I haven't slept so good for a while.' I mumbeled to myself and swang my legs out of bed. 

'Good morning dad.'

'Morning honey. Oh and please call me sir when we're at the Academy. Not everyone should know in what relationship we are.' 

'Didn't plan different.' 

'We leave in 20 Minutes.' he said and stood up to get changed. 

I made a cup of coffee and a second one to go. I can't survive without coffee and with coffee I don't mean the one you get at school. No I mean a real one. 

................................................................................................................................................................

First part is done! I don't really like it that much so I'd like to hear some opinions! Thank you.