Chapter 10

A week later, Yuri, Leo, and I are in France, standing in front of the hotel Yuri booked for us. The clouds in the sky covered the sun from shining and there was a cool light breeze in the air. I wore white pants with a turtle neck and a long beige coat.

"We are going to the Eiffel Tower to see it light up when the sun does down" Leo was walking back and forth in the hotel room, looking through the notebook she held in her hands. Our hotel room was not that big, but it had an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower from a far.

"I'm drinking tonight" Yuri said as she sat up from the bed, wearing a black leather skirt with black tights, black leather heal and a multi color corset along with a leather jacket.

I was about to compliment her until Leo sat down next to me, "You ready?"

She just finished doing her makeup, she was wearing dark blue jeans with black boots and an oversized pink sweater that she wore under her black coat. We walked to the Eiffel tower, it was colder than I thought it would be. I never been the biggest fan of traveling, it all seems pointless to me. Afterwards, you just go back to the same pathetic life, reminiscing all the memories you made from the short amount of time that you were on vacation. It sounds even more depressing, knowing that in a week I will be back at my office working over ten hours each day.

"Look at us, my little rice cake, we are in France" Yuri put her arm around me pulling me close to her.

I stared down at the street as we walked, "I guess so"

"You look cute" I said as I leaned my head on Yuri's shoulder for a moment.

"Not as cute as you" Yuri tried kissing my cheek, but I leaned away before she could, looking over at Leo who was too focused on the scenery to notice Yuri and I.

I gently held her hand, mostly to get her attention, "Don't you have school?"

She looked down at her hand that I was holding then back up and smiled, "No I don't go back for another week" She held my hand tighter and was about to say something until Yuri peaked her head in-between us.

"I want wine"

She glanced at the both of us, walked into a store and walked back out with two bottles of red wine, holding them up towards us with a big grin on her face. We stood there in front of the popular tower in Paris, passing the bottle of red wine after we each took a drink of it. Standing there until the sun fully set, the night sky appeared and the lights soon lit up the tower.

I see pictures of the Eiffel Tower all the time on social media, it is suppose to be this symbol of love. A symbol of romance, where people propose to one another or confess their love. What a load of crap.

"Let's take a picture" Leo handed the phone to Yuri, "Take one of us then I'll take one of you two"

 She grabbed me by the waist pulling me close to her, I saw her staring at me, so I looked up at her. She leaned down and kissed me, then smiled at the camera as I looked at her in shock, our two pictures in front of the Eiffel Tower. She posted both on her media, tagging my lame account with the caption 'Paris love'. Her photo got over five hundred likes in less than an hour. She looked so beautiful in the photo, her hair was flowing in the wind, she looked picture perfect- and then there I was.

Then there was Yuri, who wrapped her arm around my neck leaning into my face, with her tongue out as she held up a peace sign.

"Let's go to a club" Yuri said as she skipped down the street, trying to find a bar nearby. "How about this one?" Yuri shined her bright phone in Leo's face.

"It looks sketchy"

"That's the exciting part"

It was nothing special, just like every other bar I have been to. It had wooden stools in front of the bar top and old wooden tables around the bar with a pool table in the back, not many people either. Leo got out the google translator and headed to the counter to order our drinks.

"So you guys are dating for real now huh?" I nodded my head yes as Yuri sat down next to me on one of the wooden stools, "She likes you a lot, you know?" She grabbed my chair and pulled me closer to her, "What happens if she tells you that she loves you?"

"I guess I will have to tell her that I can't recuperate her feelings" I said before Leo approached us holding the drinks she bought for us.

Yuri laughed and stood up when Leo was about to sit back down, grabbing the drinks from her, "Such a good person" She smiled as she stared at Leo, who looked confused, "So Leo did you book one hotel room for a reason?" She leaned in towards Leo, who was sitting across from me. Leo awkwardly laughed not knowing what to say, I would not either if I was in her position.

"Yuri don't be weird" I said as I kicked her with my foot under the table.

I was wondering the same thing, why Leo booked only one room. The whole week, having to either kick Yuri out in an obvious way of wanting to have sex with Leo or having to stay abstinent.

France was pretty, we had to walk almost everywhere, which I should have been used to since I have lived in New York City for so long. But my feet were in pain most of the time and one of the days, Leo made us follow around a tour guide. Which was a complete pain.

"Little rice cake, you look so pretty" Yuri said as she walked up to me, wrapping her arm around my shoulder as we walked down the streets of France.

"Stop" I tried pulling away but Yuri held on to me.

"Leo is up ahead, let's talk a little. It's been lonely. I feel like the third wheel." She said in a pouty voice.

I looked over at her, her lips right in front of mine, "You went light on your makeup today." I said as I stared at her lips.

I watched as Yuri's lips touched mine, which startled me. I stopped walking and looked over at Leo, who was walking ahead of us, "Yuri." I did not know what to say, because in that moment all I wanted to do was kiss her back.

"Now we've kissed in in Paris, pretty romantic" I looked down at my hand that she started touching, "Only if we could have sex in Paris." Yuri laughed as we started walking again, "Maybe next time"

"Maybe." I quietly said.

Leo looked back at us and smiled, "We're going on a tour at the Louvre at 2pm. What do you want to do until then?" She said as she walked up to me, grabbing my hand. "We can go to Parc des Buttes-Chaumont" Leo said as she leaned in to kiss me.

"I need some coffee." Yuri said as she yarned, "You two love birds have fun."

"I could go for some coffee." I looked over at Leo, "Let's grab coffee with Yuri, then we can go." 

Usually I would not care if I was with Yuri or not, if anything I usually would be the one who is trying to get away from Yuri. So why did I just feel the urge now to stay close by her?