Champion

Tricia's POV.

Today is season 76 of UAAP CDC and I'm doing courtside reporting. I'm a bit nervous but I'm just mostly excited. I'm not really one to be scared of big crowds - perks of having parents who exposed you to public service at a young age.

I checked myself in the mirror one last time and headed out to the court to do my spiel.

In the blink of an eye it was all over. The nerve instantly left my body the moment I heard the crowd roared when I hyped them up. I can imagine ate Aiks and Jill hyping me up as well in the comfort of our home. That thought alone is enough to give me confidence.

The next team started performing and it went by fast
Next up is  (your dream university) and they were on fire. I noticed their star flyer. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. The crowd go crazy everytime she does her stunts mid air. What a woman. I wish I can move like that lol.

y/d/u's routine was really impressive. I don't know much about cheerleading to have a say on it but I feel like they have a huge chance at bagging this year's championship.

The team is on their last pyramid and the  crowd went ballistic.My eyes are trained on their star flyer. She is obviously on top of the pyramid doing some sort of inexplicable pose. Wow she's strong and flexible af. I couldn't see her face that much because they were moving too much and ofcourse the distance from where I was watching.

2 more team performed and then it's over. The judges started tallying and before I know it it's time to announce the winner. I wasn't surprised at all when y/d/u were announced as this season's CDC champion. They all ran to the center jumping and shouting for joy. I barely know anyone from their team but I feel proud for them. Specially for the star flyer. Speaking of, I saw her smiling widely and now that I can see her face better I realized she's really pretty. Wow. Im fangirling hard.

Compared to her other team mates, she wasn't going all crazy shouting. She's celebrating by jumping cutely and embracing her teammates one by one. - wish I could get one too. "Wait, what Tricia?? You sound like a creep" - I thought to myself.

I watched as their lifters lifted her up for picture taking and she once again did her amazing stunt. Not long after people swarmed them asking for photos. Hays must be impossible to get close to this girl tonight she's obviously the star of this season. She's gonna be all over social media for sure.

I was deep in my thoughts when I felt hands on my shoulders. "Trish" I heard a voice and quickly looked at the person who was now standing behind me. "Let's go to the after party now. I'm pretty sure there would be heavy traffic if we stay a few minutes more"  It's my bestfriend, Kris. "Oh yeah ok let me just get my things." I responded timidly. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Yeah I'm just tired I guess?" I'm not, actually.  Just still thinking about the girl lol but not like in a creepy way. I'm just extremely intrigued but Kris is right we should go otherwise we'll be stuck in traffic.