Shy girl

SHY GIRL

Tricia

We've been here in the party venue for about an hr now. I've mingled with a lot of friends and met friends of friends. The hype has died down so I decided to walk around with a drink in my hand. I'm not sure where Im heading but I'm tired of socializing - I want to chill for a bit. I was walking aimlessly around the bar when I saw the girl sitting peacefully infront of the bar area. Before I take another step, a man approached her and seemed like he was inviting her to join him and his friends.

I saw her wave her hands and smiled politely - turning down the guy. I walked closer. "Are you sure you're okay here?" he asked. So they know each other - I told myself.  "Yeah I just want to some quiet time for a bit. Sunod nalang ako." she replied.

Even her voice is cute. Although I'm getting the impression she's either a shy person or downright introvert. "Ok kid. Call me if you need me" the guy again replied and ruffled her hair before he started walking away going back to his friends.

I took a deep breathe before I decided to approach her. I slowly moved towards her and awkwardly tapped her shoulders making sure I won't startle her. "Hi?" I shyly greeted. Again, I'm not a shy person so this is new.

She turned her head to me and gave me a confused look before she said hi back. Hesitation laced in her voice but there wasn't a hint of nuisance she just seem caught off guard and confused but nonetheless, she smiled at me after a few seconds.

Gosh she's cute. "Uh I'm Tricia. Can I sit here?" I asked her pointing to the sit beside her. Her mouth formed a small O "Oh yeah sure ofcourse" and she smiled once again but this time it was wider which made her eyes disappear. Her smile is comforting but once I was seated she turned to drift her attention to her drink which I think is just a coke? I'm not certain. Im feeling a bit bold since she smiled at me twice already so I bothered her again and asked her name. I didn't really come here to just use the chair beside her I intended to talk to her but I guess she missed the point.

"Oh I'm sorry how rude of me. I'm y/n pala." what a pretty name, I thought to myself.
"Oh y/n, congrats ha you were so great. Pretty sure you've heard this countless times tonight pero you were simply breath taking kanina. I was in awe during your whole performance. It was an obvious win, grabe" I complimented her and I saw the deep blush that covered her cheeks. Ang cute. Hehe good job Tricia, she's flustered.

She faced me and giggled cutely "hehe salamat ah. The team went through a lot - you know how it is for student athletes - so that win was really gratifying". She's so modest pa ang cute naman ng babaeng to. So unassuming, cute at talented pa; Interesting. We talked some more and with our conversation I noticed she is indeed shy. She wouldn't talk unless I ask her. She also gave short answers but didn't give me the impression na I'm disturbing her. She asked me a few questions din every now and then.

"By the way, galing mo rin nga kanina eh. I could never do that, you know talking infront of a big crowd like that tapos you need to be energetic pa. Congrats ah." I couldn't reply. I was shocked she knows who I am pala.  "Trish? Ok ka lang? Parang nagulat ka?"      Wow trish? May nickname agad.     "Uh yeah, sorry nagulat lang ako I didn't expect na you recognize me pala." "Oo naman no! I'm a fan pa nga eh. Galing mo and you're so pretty din bagay na bagay sayo mag courtside reporter" Wait sandali yung puso ko. Also that's the longest she's uttered since I approached her.

This girl is full of surprises kaya nilakasan ko na loob ko and asked for her number. We exchanged numbers and I saw her typed "Cutie courtside reporter" on my contact name. Funny rin sya ha? Pero wait, she thinks I'm a cutie??? Help?? Lord?? I was busy thinking of the contact name when she started gathering her things and she stood from her chair. "By the way, I think I'm gonna go na, but it's nice meeting you, Tricia" "already?" I checked the time and it's only 9:30 pm "9:30 palang ah do you need to be somewhere?" "Uh no diretso na ko sa condo I'm tired na kase actually. Been super focused training the past months ngayon lang ako makakauwi nang maaga."

T: "Okay can I drive you home?
Y/n: Nako thank you pero I don't want to be a bother. Mag ggrab nalang ako. Besides andito pa friends mo, diba?
T: Taga saan ka ba?
Y/n: *Gave her nearest landmark"
T: Oh? Malapit lang sakin. Along the way din to our place. Sabay na tayo, baka hanapin na rin ako ni mama eh."
Y/n: Haha cute.
T: What?
Y/n: Naiimagine ko lang si Maam VP worrying about you hehe ang cute.
T: *ano ba naman tong babaeng to tawag nang tawag ng cute sakin masyado na ko kinikilig* uhm hehe. Pero ano payag ka na, na I drive you to your place?
Y/n: I guess? If you're sure na it's ok.
T: ok tara. Paalam ka na sa friends mo.
Y/n: Hindi na, I'll just send them a message. Nakakapagod pa mag bbye