Author's Note

Hi, friends. Kat here. Before I begin the story, I want to get a few things out of the way.

If it wasn't clear, this is a fanfiction story of The Owl House in which my favorite romantic pairing, Raine and Eda, are put into the story of Beauty And The Beast. It will be very different from the story we know, though. It will lack the elements of there being Stockholm Syndrome, and I'm not going to have the beast be aggressive like he was towards Belle in the original.

Before reading this, however, viewer discretion is advised. This story includes occasional mention of violence and/or bloodshed. There will be curse words and/or foul language. Story also includes practice of witchcraft. If any of these things upset you, I advise against reading this.

I wanted to call this "The Bard And The Beast" but apparently a fanfiction by Minhsunshine on AO3 with the same story prompt already exists with that title. For the record... I thought of this idea on my own and it just so happens that someone else already came up with it. I am fairly certain our stories will be very different, but if there are any similarities, it is purely coincidental. In conclusion, I have no intentions to copy this author.

Credits for the inspiration of this story go to Gabrielle-Suzanne de Villenueve, the author of the first ever recorded version of Beauty And The Beast, and to Dana Terrace, creator and executive producer of Disney's The Owl House, for the characters and the world that this story is set in.

If anyone cares to know, this fanfic is set in the point in time where the characters would be in their early 30's.

And one last thing before we begin: the protagonist of this story is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns. Please respect that. We all learned this in elementary school. When you don't know a person's gender, you use the singular "they" to refer to them. You even use it without realizing. You can use the singular "they" intentionally to refer to people when it's just what they prefer to be called. It's not that hard to address people correctly. If you can't handle being a decent human being and use the correct pronouns, do yourself and everyone else a favor and skedaddle. Thank you.

Now, without further ado, I hope you enjoy my rendition of Beauty And The Beast with a witchy nblw twist, featuring the fabulous Eda Clawthorne and the lovely Raine Whispers from The Owl House.