03.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

The gang watched as one of the monks took Marcus and shouted for me to come.

I followed the boy and monk down the stairs waving to the group as they left.

"So where we going?" I question was unanswered by the monk, but answer by the boy with a simple shrug.

The three continued to go down the stairs before making there way to a big chestnut door.

Marcus stopped before entering and looked back up to the door they had just come though.

"Come on Aguello" I shouted at the boy turning back.

Me and the monk continued to walk before I realise the boy had stopped again and was now looking down over the railing at the winding of stairs beneath him.

"Marcus!" The boy startled by my shout fell towards a bit, just to feel a hand grab his hoodie.

"You should be more careful, you might fall" the boy snarled at my comment.

"Seriously, we got to hurry. Master Lin doesn't like it when we're late" I announced running after the monk. Marcus following behind.

I grabbed Marcus's hand, scared he would stop again, he didn't fully stop but he did not stop looking around.

The monk walked around the stairs stopping in-front of Lin's office.

"You ready boy?" Marcus nodded.

"Right then, let's go" I said letting go of Marcus's hand and opening the door.

Marcus walked though and stood in font of the Masters desk, while I just stood against the wall.

I looked back to see the monk closing the doors.

The boy grabbed a sword with a red tassel on the end, and stared at it intensely.

"Zhou dynasty" Lin said making Marcus drop the weapon.

Marcus began fiddling with the sword trying to get it to stand in its original place once again.

"That sword filled the Yangtze with blood" I rolled her eyes. This is what Master Lin told everyone who looked at the sword.

"Our species may delude itself under a more noble veneer, but we share one primary goal with other animals."

By now Master Lin was stood in front of the scared teenager.

"Survival" I chimed in.

"Correct. However, when in service to the greater good, there can be nobility in killing" Lin said walking around to his side of the desk.

"It is a stark truth. Some people deserve to die" I closed my eyes as I saw Master Lin look at the boy.

Marcus just looked at the ground and shook his head once.

"My great-grandfather came here in search of the American dream" My ears perked at this. I didn't get this part of the story when she came.

I walked over to the two and lifted herself upon the desk pulling my eyebrows closer together.

"What he discovered was a nightmare filled of indentured servitude and abuse" Marcus and Lin made eye contact and I could feel the tension.

"So, he taught himself to kill" Lin nodded to reassure the boy.

"He found a purpose in revenge..." I said turning my head to the Master.

"Exactly" I'm still looking at Lin whist Lin and Marcus were still making eye contact.