°•'"it's a date???"'•°

"No no wait, you can't have throwback songs without this"

How did we get here?

In the short time span of a few hours, with a stranger you had just met, you were high out your mind and listening to throwback songs.

"678 triple 9 8212~" George yelled as you two sang your hearts out, you had both made makeshift mics out of a remote and a water bottle, George stood on top of the couch while you had made your way onto the kitchen counter.
After the sad reminiscing with George, you decided the perfect pick me up would be none other than the devil's lettuce, things were awkward at first, but after a few minutes you two instantly bonded. You had gone through an emo phase, a cringe phase, and were now blasting throwback music from George's speaker and singing along, at some points serenading each other like there was no tomorrow.

"Oh my god." You uttered as the beginning notes to 'Love' by Keyshia Cole started playing. You and George immediately went into duet mode and started singing the chorus,
"Never knew what I was missing"
"But I knew once we start kissing"
"I found"
"Love" you two sang in unison.

By the end of the song you were both heavy breathing and making eye contact, very close eye contact, like 'face 2 inches away from each other' eye contact.
"That uh, that got too real" you said, laughing to break the tension,
"Oh, uh, yeah, it did" he awkwardly laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck. You both felt the thick tension before interrupted by George's speaker
"Jason Derulo-"
"OH MY GODD" you both exclaimed as you burst out in high laughter and it was like the tense moment had never happened.

You woke up engulfed in a white comforter and a sushi print blanket.

What the fuck?

You look around, greeted by an unfamiliar room, at the edge of the bed we're a pair of legs, you crawl towards them and almost burst out into laughter from the sight. George's whole upper body was on the floor yet his legs rested on the bed, to add to the humor, George was only in boxers and socks, with multiple drawings of..male genitalia drawn on his face.
After silently admiring the sight and taking a photo, you stepped out of bed and went out onto the balcony. You lit a cigarette and thought about what had happened last night, everything seemed a blur but one part was memorable.

At one point, you had jumped onto George's back and he ran around his apartment carrying you piggy back style, after a fit of laughter he had tossed himself onto the couch, bringing you down with him. After the laughter subsided, you both laid in silence as he slowly wrapped his arms around you and started playing with your hair.
"I don't wanna make this awkward right now but, I know I haven't known you for long but I-"
And that was the last you remembered.
What did he say?
Surely it must've been important if he started it that way?
Did he want to say he..liked me? No, I doubt.
Actually,
Why do I even care?
I just met this guy and I'm probably not gonna see him again.
You look back into the room and see him sound asleep, now fully on the floor, with the dick still on his forehead. You chuckled as a fond smile grew on your face, but this smile quickly turned into a frown.

I can't let this get too serious.

You put out the cigarette and walked out of the room, placing the sushi blanket over George on the way. As you left the room you saw the mess you two had made of his apartment, there was pillows everywhere and..rice krispies in his plants?
I'm not even gonna try and figure out what that was for.
You quickly tidy up the place and leave, locking the door, you walked to the elevator and stood listening to the elevator music. You looked at the reflective elevator walls and noticed your gash actually looked way better, George had treated it well. You step out on the last floor and bump into something, or rather, someone.
"Oh, my bad-"
"It's fi- oh.."
You look up and see Brian, from earlier.
"You're George's friend right? From yesterday?" He asked with a curious face, now getting a clearer look at you.
"Oh, yeah.."
"Cool, cool..uh, well, look this might be weird but,

Can I have your number?"
You looked at him with a baffled look on your face and scoffed.
"Asshole"
"Excuse me?" He said in a defensive tone. You didn't bother answering as you turned and walked away.

You strolled on the sidewalk as you thought about what had happened. You were used to these little adventures, but

Why did this one feel different?

This one felt..sad. You left and somehow felt lonelier than before. You felt as if a warmth had been taken from you. You felt as if you had left behind something important…left behind…important..

My phone.

You rapidly patted your pants and jacket and felt your phone nowhere.

Fuck.

I can't believe i left my phone there, what do i do? I can't leave my phone, but going back would be so awkward.. what if i run into Brian again? Or what if i have to meet that Cindy girl. George is gonna think i just ditched him, which, i did, but I'll feel more bad about it now, ugh.

You stood outside of George's door, why were you suddenly so anxious? It's not like you had never talked to him before, i mean, you smoked with him even, but things felt.. different now.
You knocked on the door and waited a bit before you heard the door being unlocked, after a few seconds, George opened the door, now wearing shorts, with a slightly faded dick still on his forehead, and with his messy bed head.

It was not a horrible sight, to say the least..

"Looking for this?" He said holding up your phone and handing it out to you.
"Yes! Thank you" you said while reaching for it
"Ah ah ah" he said as he lifted it beyond your reach
"Are we just gonna pretend you didn't try to one night stand me?
"Um..yes?" You nervously chuckled, waiting for his response
"Cool, then let's forget it happened, come eat, i made crepes" he walked back into his apartment, putting your phone in his pocket.
You sigh and follow him in, i mean, he has your phone, but like..free crepes?

You were both sitting at his small dining table eating crepes before a thought came into your head,

Should I ask him about what he said?

You took a deep breath in and exhaled
"So uh, about what you said last night, you know, the 'i know I haven't known you long but'-"
"Oh yeah! That."
"Uh yes, what was i-"
"I'm really glad you agreed, It made me pretty happy" he said looking up at you with a smile

What the fuck did i agree to??

"Oh uh yeah for sure, uh what-"
"What time? Just meet me here tomorrow at arounddd, 5?"
You looked at his expecting eyes as you had a million thoughts go through your head at once, what did i say yes to? What am I meeting him for? What are we doing?

"Yep, I'll see you!" Fuck. I panicked.

Why would I do that??

After washing the dishes together, George had walked you to the sidewalk outside the apartment complex.
"Well, i should get going now"
"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow" he said with a smile
"Yep, see you tomorrow"
"It's a date!" He said before turning around back towards his apartment.

Wait

It's a date???