°•'"annoying"'•°

It was the day of the hangout and George had agreed to pick you up from your apartment. You two had sort of gotten into a routine of going to each other's apartments and spending a few days, you were basically roommates with two rooms. Although, lately it had been mostly your apartment, as there was still awkward times of running into Brian or even Cindy in his complex.
After the Niki concert incident, Niki had reached out to personally apologize. She was not aware that her management had changed the opening act last minute.

Seems everyone was surprised Joji wasn't there.

Since the free concert, things had skyrocketed for Joji.
Someone had uploaded the video of the new song on YouTube and Joji fans had blown it up. He got a lot of attention from not only fans, but non fans as well. A lot of people had given him props for being so connected with his fans and putting on a show despite the sudden cancellation of his performance at the concert.
The more you thought of things the harder to believe they were.
Who would've thought that getting beat up by my ex would lead me here?

Buzz.

He's here.

You both had taken the subway again, sadly, with no drunk flirts this time.
You were using your phone to check on your hair and makeup. You weren't sure why but, lately you had been wanting to look extra nice.
Lately you had a strange feeling whenever you hung out with George, you felt as if you wanted to..impress him? No, more like intrigue?
You weren't sure but all you knew was whenever he got close to you, you had this nervousness that bubbled up in your stomach.
Was it butterflies? More like god damn moths.
You exited your thoughts and looked over to see George talking to a girl.

How did I not even notice she was there?

She's pretty.

You watched them as you put two and two together and saw that the girl was obviously into him.
She tucked her hair behind her ear as she put her hand on his arm, laughing at whatever non-funny thing George had said.
Suddenly, you had a heavy feeling in your chest.
She was really pretty.
The effortless pretty.
The kind that only put on mascara and put her hair up in an effortless bun and looked like a model.
The kind that went out in a hoodie and leggings and had everyone telling her how good she looked.

Something i could never be.

"(y/n)!"

You snapped out of it and turned to see George gripping your arm with a slightly concerned look.

"Oh, uh, what?"

"This is Kayla, she's a fan of mine! I was telling her that a lot of the credit goes to you though" he said with a goofy smile.
This made you smile back as he was probably so giddy at his first time being recognized in public.
This heartwarming moment didn't last long though, as George was oblivious to something you couldn't stop feeling.
These were the daggers that the girl, who you now know as Kayla, was shooting at you.
She had a look of annoyance as you could tell she clearly wanted to make a move on George alone.
You thought about it, and if there's one thing you know,
it's to not mess with a woman on a mission.
"Oh, ha, thank you, nice to meet you Kayla, you're really pretty! I have to get back to something though" you smiled at her as George nodded and let go of your arm. Kayla got the hint and kept talking to George, eventually giving him her number.

Eventually you two got off the subway and started walking towards the theater that Ethan had sent you earlier.
The walk was scenic, but something was wrong.
George seemed really distracted and wouldn't get off his phone.
Any time you said something, you'd have to be louder and all you'd be met with was a "huh, oh yeah, cool".
To say the least, you were annoyed.
What was so amazing on his phone that he couldn't even reply a decent sentence to someone that was right next to him?

I mean come on, this is like the third time i save him from bumping into someone from being on his phone!

"George can you at least reply like a normal human being" you said in a slightly irritated tone.
"Huh, yeah" he said, glancing at you for a second before looking back at his phone.
This felt like talking to a sticky iPad kid, Jesus christ.
Finally you had enough and snatched his phone away.

"Hey- what the fuck?" He said looking at you with furrowed brows.

"You're being so annoying George! Can't you at least reply more than 'huh', 'yeah', 'cool'? You're like a fucking zombie!"

"What the hell? Chill, i was talking to Kayla" he said as he rolled his eyes at you, obviously irritated.

You scoffed as you stared at him in disbelief, "I'm sure Kayla will be fine if you respond, like, 5 seconds after"

"Why are you being so annoying!" He exclaimed, snatching his phone back from you.

"Me annoying?? You're the one being annoying and fucking rude!" You said, shocked that he was making you the problem.

"Well I'm sorry you're mad that I'm more interested in what Kayla has to say" he said, now at a shout.

You laughed in disbelief as you looked at him with wide eyes and shouted back,"is that really what you think this is about??"

"Well obviously! I'm sorry you're just..
just, jealous!"

At this point, you were mad. Not only was this his fault, be he had the audacity to make you the problem, and call you jealous?? No.

"George you're being such an asshole" you shouted, clenching your jaw.

"And you're being an annoying bitch-" he spit out before catching himself. You saw his face turn from anger to regret as he tried to apologize, but it was too late.
You were hurt.
You weren't exactly sure what hurt more, seeing him flirt with someone who looked like a Victoria's secret model,
having him ignore you,
an argument over something so dumb, or being called an annoying bitch,

but you were over it.

At this point, all you wanted to do was go hang out with Ethan and watch a fucking movie.

"(y/n) i didn't mean i-"

"Don't follow me, George." You stated with a pained look on your face as you felt your vision get blurrier, tears threatening to spill over the brim of your waterline.

You turned around and started speed walking to the theater, not bothering to look back as you heard George's regretful cries.
What was said had been said.
The worst part was that it wasn't even the words that hurt, it was the fact that they came out of his mouth, and just half an hour ago that mouth's smile was giving you butterflies and making you feel something you hadn't felt in a long time.
But let's not think about that.

Let's go watch a fucking movie.