°•'"phone number"'•°

You sped walked into the theater and saw Ethan along with his group and a face you didn't recognize.

"Hey! (y/n)! Almost thought you wouldn't make it,

where's George?"

Ethan seemed to regret asking when he saw your face drop.

"Well, uh, doesn't matter, mark and i are gonna get snacks, be right back!" Ethan says trying to change the subject before leaving dragging a clueless mark by the arm.

"Oh uh, I guess I'll join them too" Tyler says before catching up with the other two.

You take a look at the guy awkwardly standing next to you, he looked nervous, he also looked oddly familiar.

Where did i recognize him from?

You reach out your hand "Hey uh, i don't think I've met you before, im-"

"Glimpse" he blurted out before shaking your hand excitedly

Glimpse? Did he know me through George?

"Oh! Uh..yeah" you said, surprised as he let go of your hand, causing it to fall back to your side.

"Sorry I'm so awkward i just, I'm a big fan, i feel like you're the mastermind behind, you know, joji"

You looked at him in shock, people had recognized your work at the last minute concert sure, but mastermind? You had to admit,

You were flattered

"Oh uh, thank you" you said with a shy smile

"I mean don't get me wrong, joji is cool and i love his music but you deserve more credit..uh anyways, I'm max"

Max..
Max..
So familiar yet i can't put my finger on it.

"You can call me (y/n)" you replied with a comfortable smile

"Ok, i will gl-..(y/n)" he said with an awkward smile as he turned to face away.

He was cute, and for a second

You had forgotten all about George.

You really needed this day. You had ended up sitting next to max during the horror movie, which you found out he hated, it was cute, seeing him try to act like he wasn't scared, or whispering funny commentary to lessen the scare factor.

You were all now in the arcade section of the theater. Tyler was trying to win a figure out of a claw machine, with mark and Ethan on each side of the machine telling him to "go back more " or "more to the right" etc.

Meanwhile you and Max were walking around the other claw machines talking about random things.

You looked around at the neon lights and multiple arcade games before a plushie caught your eye, you stopped to look at it for a second

A raccoon.

"And then i was like what do you even-" max stopped his sentence and looked down at you as you looked at the rilakkuma plush with bright eyes.

"Okay, that's it" he said before stepping in front of you

"What?"

"Step aside milady" he said, dramatically cracking his knuckles and stretching.

You laughed as you looked at him struggle to get the plushie over and over again.

"Max it's fiiine, you've used up way too much money on a dumb plushie"

"Um, a dumb plushie? I need this for my collection obviously" he jokes as he went back to the machine only to fail again

You reached over to grab his arm.
"Seriously it's fine" you said with a smile

He looked down at you as his face slowly turned red.

"Ok well you know what..watch this" he said leaving you confused.

He slowly walked back to the machine, suspiciously whistling before aggressively kicking the machine and grabbing the plushie that fell out.

"For you" he said with a curtsy as you giggled

"Why thank you" you said curtsying back before hearing a booming voice behind you.

"HEY! YOU CANT BE KICKING THE MACHINES" said a security guard as you and Max looked at each other with wide eyes before laughing.

Max grabbed your hand and dragged you along as you ran out the theater to a nearby street

"I…i think we lost him" max said with his hands on his knees, both of you out of breath.

"I think so too"

You looked at your phone before realizing how late it was

"Oh, i should go so i can catch the subway..um, do you think i could..have your number ?" You asked shyly, squishing the plushy in your arms

He looked at you and smiled before saying, "you already do"

"Wait..what?" You asked as he only winked at you and left, waving his hand

"You'll figure it out soon!" He said, still facing away from you

Confusedly, and already late, you jogged to the subway and went to your apartment.

Upon entering you looked around, empty, no sight of George. Well, why would he be here, you two had a pretty bad fight, and he called you a bitch..

Your felt a knot in your throat just thinking about it, so you decided to get ready for bed instead.

After throwing on some pijamas you opened your phone to see a worried message from Ethan, wondering what had happened to you and Max, you chuckled as you explained the situation and put your phone down.

Max. What did he mean i already had his number? He never gave it to me..

Unless, holy shit.

Suddenly, it all came back to you

The last minute concert, a guy had given you his number along with a cute mug, probably bought last minute from the shop nearby.

That guy was max.

No wonder he looked so familiar!

I need to find that mug…but..

All the gifts we got are at George's apartment…

Fuck.