Stones and Crystals

Concept: Trainer!Reader x Steven Stone; Reader is a cheeky little thing and loves to annoy the champion of Hoenn from time to time in good fun; Steven pov.

     Carefully I went through the utensils inside of my bag again. Flashlight, helmet, ropes, pickaxe, navigation... Everything seemed to be there. Food and water were also secured. I nodded, pleased with what I had gathered and there was still enough room for what was to come. Ready to go, I put on my bag as a sudden knock on the door made me look up. Curious at who it might be and ready to go anyway, I walked to my front door and opened it.

   A toothy grin greeted me on the other side, followed by the greeting sounds of their friends. Who else could it have been, but my dear friend who had beaten me in a fight not too long ago?

   "Greetings, young champion." They greeted me, their toothy grin getting even wider. "How are you on this lovely evening?"

   "Good Morning." I smiled amused, not questioning them choosing the wrong time of day. "And I can't say that I am the champion anymore."

   Their face went pale as their grin vanished in an instant. "Hey, I thought we cleared that this was just a friendship battle and not for the title!" They sputtered in a panic.

   A soft chuckle escaped my lips. "There is no need to worry." I told them. "I'm just kidding. A little payback for your constant teasing."

   "Oh, you cheeky son of a mountain." Their smile returned, their eyes studied me a little. "Speaking of which, are you going out to look for stones by the way?"

   "I think that is very obvious." I smiled back at them. They made room for me to step outside, before I closed my door. "Do you want to come along?"

   "Yes please!" Their eyes sparkled, turning to their group. "You're fine with that, right?"

   An almost synchronised nod went through the six, before their attention was back on me. "Where are we going?" They asked.

   "There is a cave on Route 120 that I haven't visited yet." I told them. "It is near the bridge where you found the invisible Kecleon."

   "Well, you found it first." They corrected me in a matter of fact. "Ha... I wish I had some more stones to give you, but I already gave you all I had."

   A little annoyed, a memory flashed before my eyes. "I should have known you were the one to put all the Mega Stones under my blanket." I side eyed them.

   Their bright grin returned as they just looked at me with closed eyes. "Did you like your presents?"

   "I'm thankful, but please don't do it again." I told them, keeping to myself that I already had most of them. Then again, I could not complain.

   "Okay." They smiled, before calling most of their friends back, but Karma the Scarmory.

   I was always a little amused how three of their friends were the same species as mine and this amusement just grew, while I called out my Scarmory. Together, we mounted our Pokémon and took off into the blue sky, side by side. It didn't take long for us to reach the Scorched Slab and we landed on the bridge. I called my partner back with a thanks, while my friend was already one step ahead, calling out Angelic, their Milotic.

   "Alright Steven." They smiled. "Ready for a quick swim?"

   "I hope you mean on Angelic." I glanced at the long Pokémon, who seemed to be dancing in the water.

   "I mean, you could also swim yourself, if that's what you want." They shrugged, before jumping down.

   I wanted to grab them out of reflex, but Angelic was faster and caught them mid-air. A sigh of relief left my lungs. They just brightly grinned up at me and Karma seemed to be very amused by my worries. Before I knew it, she suddenly had grabbed me by my shoulders and lifted me up into the air. I couldn't help it as I let out a yelp in surprise, finding myself behind the Trainer on their partner.

   "Welcome aboard, captain!" They greeted me with an amused grin.

   "This... I'm going to lose my hair, if this continues." I told them, regaining my breath.

   "This is the last surprise from us for the day." They gave me a somewhat apologetic smile, before asking: "Are you ready?"

   "I am." I told them, fiving them a smile. 

   They grinned back at me, before they turned toward the Milotic. "You heard him." They slightly patted his side. "We're ready!"

   Angelic made a sound and began gliding along the water surface. Around the outside of the cave above surface level and entered on the other side. Karma was following behind us and landed once we stepped on land inside of the Scorched Slab. While my friend let out their Pokémon again, I started to look around with my flashlight.

   "We need to go deeper." I told them and I spotted an opening shrouded in darkness, showing us the way into the cave system.

   I lead the group, while the Trainer was right behind me. "Whoa, is it hot in here or is it just you?" They suddenly spoke up.

   "There you go again." I shook my head with a slight laugh before nodding. "It sure is getting warmer in here. Maybe this will help us in our search?"

   "Uh... maybe not. I don't know." They mumbled. "Weird rings appear every now and again, bringing in legendary Pokémon from all around the world. I think we should be careful."

   "Legendary Pokémon?" I turned my head to them with a smile. "Good for me that I have an expert on my side. You will protect me, right? Just like you have done before."

   "I knew you were a princess." They grinned amused. "Should I also run after you in hopes of finding you in the next castle?"

   "If you would do that for me, why would I say no?" I replied.

   "Lovely." They said, rolling their eyes with amusement. "I won't become a plummer though."

   Chuckling slightly we went deeper, keeping up our conversation. Sadly, I wasn't able to gather as many stones as I wanted, but spending time with them and seeing them fight against the legendary Pokémon they foresaw, was worth the effort.