OO4.

absit omen.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

OO4

Lovers lake

Lovers Lake. She remembered when she used to go there with Billy. The times they'd hid to not get caught by her father and his, avoiding the problems that came with such problematic families. It was the only way they would be free to speak their thoughts and avoid the danger that Neil Hargrove and Frank Cadwell represented.

Sat next to Steve, Robin was caught at the back, between Max and Dustin. Almost squeezed. The blonde never thought she'd be in this position, but here she was, apparently.

"So, we're heading...?" began Dustin. Danielle turned around, the window was down and her physical status didn't change for a bit. She even caught Steve checking on her a couple of times, worrying over her again. God, she was exhausted by all of this.

"At Danielle's place," explained Robin. "Her shitty dad used to have tons of tools, a gun, or two and a bolt cutter."

Danielle silently agreed. She ignored Robin's statement about her father, as it was everything but a lie. Frank was shit, Laura was shit, and everybody who covered her Frank Cadwell's bullshits were rubbish. Good to be thrown away. "Blast, blast," repeated Dustin.

"And it's far?" asked Max. Steve shook his head negatively. No, thankfully enough so. They indeed arrived fifteen minutes later. "Do you want me to go?" proposed Steve to his girlfriend. The latter shook her head. She wanted to go, even if that meant facing her mother.

"Can I come with you?" jumped Max in. "I need air."

Danielle accepted, getting out of the car as fast as she could. She staggered slightly and walked toward the door, inserting the keys inside the lock, having Max alongside. When she entered, she outstretched her hand to the entrance, indicating the redhead to go in. Which she did just as she was told.

"Guest room, second," the brunette did not care waving at her mother, despite the woman almost shouting her name. Max hurried behind her as Danny walked in the said room, heading to the bed and laying down to find a box.

Max recalled this. She did, very well, actually. When Danielle's father aimed at her with the handgun whilst Billy threatened him to end his life. Steve had defended her with his bat, and Hopper appeared to settle the gig. The woman never spoke about that accident again, but she did apologize to her and Billy. Though, Danny had nothing to be guilty about.

She had nothing to do with this. More of a victim than the opposite. Right after she picked up the box, the footsteps of Laura Cadwell went heard as the girls moved inside Danielle's bedroom and locked themselves in.

"Danny?! Danny?! Danielle, what did you take in this room?"

No words. Nothing. Deadpan, implacable, unbothered. The woman ignored her mother royally. Her mum, banging on the door with force. Max rummaged the room with her eyes, finding a necklace on her desk.

"Isn't the one Billy gave you?"

"With the sea star ? Yes," she confirmed.

Max grabbed the jewel slightly between her hands, with such gentleness, that her fingertips barely swapped the silvery stones suck between the golden bits. "You miss him?"

"'Course."

She cleared her throat. "I mean, not romantically any more because we all know you love Steve, but..."