2. Slipping through my fingers

Warnings: none
Topics: Insecurities

"I thought that this will never happen to me, i never thought motherhood would be my thing, but it is, my daughter y/n is the sweetest, and watching her grow it kinda hurts sometimes, words can't express my feelings about my son, and i'm just so happy to be a mother, of course it's sometimes complicated but in my case, when i'm tired or mad, i just remember what i learned all this years, patience"
Sandra answered to the interviewer with a smile in her face, and everyone just continue with the questions to her and her work team.

***
After all the interviews and photo shoots, she can finally go to her house, to see her girl, she missed her so much. While she was going back to her house, driving, she start thinking of what she can do for dinner, because y/n has probably  already lunched. When she arrived, she knock the door and y/n quickly opened.
— Mom!
— Hi sweetie, how are you? did you finish all your homework? or do you need help with anything? you know i'm really good at history
— Don't worry mom, i already finished, i was kinda bored so i'm probably going to watch a movie, do you want to join me?
— Aw, sure honey, but have you eat something?
— Yes, in the afternoon
— Are you hungry now?
— Just a lil bit, and you?
— I'm starving! let's do pancakes, what do you think?
— Yes! that would be great
Sandra teach her girl how to make perfect circle shaped pancakes, while they were talking about their day
— Mom?
— Mm yes?
— Do you think i'm pretty? like, those pretty girls?
— Y/n, you're beautiful, but most importantly you're gorgeous in your own way, and there's no reason to compare yourself "to those other pretty girls" you're smart, kind and so pretty, my girl, it's ok that sometimes you feel kinda insecure, but always remember that for me you're always going to be the smartest and the most beautiful
— But, that's because you're my mom
— Oh honey, i may be your mother, but i'm also your friend if you want to see that way, ok?
— Yes mom, thanks
Y/n hugged her mother really thigh, and then they continue doing the pancakes.  When the pancakes were done, they went to the sofa to eat them and watch a movie.
— So what do you want to watch mom? Gilmore Girls or oh, we can watch Mamma Mia!
— Yes honey, let's watch it, i know you like it a lot
Y/n and her mom we're so comfortable around each other watching their comfort film.
— Mom?
— Yes?
— I love you so much
— I love you more, and every time i listen to "slipping through my fingers", i remember you.
— Mom, that's so beautiful
Just like you