Chapter 3: Escape to Marrakesh

Bursting through a curtain a woman runs straight to a dark black car with heavily tinted windows “fucking shit, I gotta get outta here before they find me again.” She unlocks the car, quickly starts it, and floors it on the pedal. The car jumps to life and speeds through the street, scampering its way out of the Casablanca streets and out into the countryside roads. She reaches a sign, pulls over, and stops at the side of it. “Jesus Christ I’m pretty sure they aren’t following me anymore, but Theo is gone. I wonder how long it’ll take to get to everyone else in Marrakesh.” She notices a phone booth in the corner of her eye from the inside of the car. She grabs an umbrella from the side of the car and grabs a coat on the other seat of the car “god this is the only thing that’s left of him. But I need this more than him right now.” She puts the coat on and opens the door as she opens the umbrella trying to avoid any sunlight from touching her skin. She closes the door of the car and walks quickly over to the phone booth. She pulls out a few coins and shovels them into the machine dialing a number in, “come on pick up I know they’re all sitting there doing nothing” the phone picks up and a man with a slight German accent answers.
  “How did you get this number and from who?”
  Kassandra sighs and places a hand on her head “don’t worry Ray it’s just me”
  “How do I know you’re Kassandra?”
  “Oh I don’t know maybe it’s cause I know you have a mole on your left ass cheek”
  “Shut up somebody may hear you!”
  “I’m in the middle of nowhere right now, nobody’s gonna hear me”
  “Yeah whatever but what did you even call for, y’know it’s only for emergencies.”
  “Theo, he got killed by the lightning girl, they got the kid too”
  “Are you kidding me! This is a change of plans, you need to get back here immediately, the boss isn’t gonna like this.”
  “I know she’s not. But I'm already on my way there. It should only take a little longer.”
  “Make sure to get back without burning yourself in that sun.”
  “Yeah yeah you care so much dear.”
  “Love you Kassy.”
  “Love you too moron.” She hangs up the phone and rushes back to the car. Opening the door and closing the umbrella in one swoop she puts the car back into gear and floors it all the way to Marakesh.

  The beauty of the coast fades as it transforms into the rocks and mountains seen in the more central parts of morocco. The sun peaks across the tops of the mountains shining on the car as it reaches the outskirts of the city. It turns off from the main road onto a dirt road and goes down for a few miles till it reaches a  house which seemingly gives off a strange aura around it. She turns the car into the sandy front of this overly strange house. Grabbing the same coat and umbrella she takes out the key and exits the car. There's a very pale man with dark brown hair waiting there for her.
  He sighs and walks over to her, "goodness kas couldn't have taken any longer could you?"
  She pouts "Yeah yeah just give me a hug dummy"
  He chuckles and gives her a big hug "I missed you while you were gone y’know." He takes the umbrella and holds it over her head
  She smiles and leans into him "it's a shame you can't be this caring when I didn't almost just die."
  "Well then consider this a one-time gesture then."
  "Ah a real shame, truly." She opens the door as Raymond closes the umbrella and shuts the door behind him."

  Another man with a light brown hair colour looks at the two entering the doorway and rolls his eyes. "Oh boy look who's back so soon, where's Theodore?"
  She is about to answer when Raymond interrupts her "Theo didn't make it out, there was a complication and she was lucky to even get out alive, is that a problem Ervin"?
  Kassandra closes her mouth and looks at her feet, Ervin sighs "no it's not a problem, and why don't you let her speak for herself. Come on Kass anything else you wanna spill or is that all?"
  She lifts her head a little "there's more but we're gonna need everyone here for that."
  Ervin sighs again and whistles like a kettle about to burst "Guys around the table, Kass has some news for us."
  3 other people walk into the room and sit at a dark mahogany table. The other 3 sit as well.
  A woman with Platinum blonde hair speaks up and asks "Alright, what's this news because if I got out of bed for nothing, I'm about to throw a fit."
  Kassandra stands up and looks at everyone sitting, "well uh Char well, Theo is dead."
  Charlotte  looks slightly shocked and gasps "How in the world did they kill Theo?"
  "That's the thing, it was a girl that can control lightning and a guy that could control the earth."
  Charlotte 's eyes widened as well as the eyes of everyone else on the table besides Raymond.
  Another man with brown hair but fluffier looks directly at her. "What about the mission, the child?"
  Kassandra looks down at her feet again. "They both brought him with them, Theo was able to shoot him but I'm not sure it was fatal. But he's probably halfway to wherever their damn islands are."
  A brown-skinned man places his hand on his chin. "General Castellanos isn't going to like hearing this y'know"
  She sits down with her head still to the ground. "She probably won't, but they won't be in Casablanca for a while meaning we can still have a base of operations here."
  Ervin looks at her and gets up "that's fine and all but here's to hoping the general doesn't put you on a stake."
  He walks back into the living room and sits on the couch. Charlotte  looks at the other 2 men sitting at the table "well Cyrus, Gio. What do we do now?"
  Cyrus takes his hand from his chin and puts it on the table "that's for the general to decide, not us. But I'm going to go and make something to eat. Wanna join me, Char?"
  "I have nothing better to do." They leave off to the kitchen and start preparing something
  Giorgi leans back in his chair as Raymond takes Kassandra's hand and brings her into a room and closes the door.
  "Hey Kassy, are you doing alright?"
  "Of course I'm not, I failed, and I don’t know what the general is gonna do to me and everyone probably hates me now and Theo is dead because of those 2 mongrels."
  He holds her hands "hey hey don't worry about all of that, you have me, don't you? Nothing else matters in the long run."
  She wraps her arms around his neck "yeah I just need you."
  He kisses her cheek and lays her down on the bed, "you must be tired. Why don't you get some sleep in?"
  "That's a good idea dear. Well, good day to you then my gentleman." She lays her head on the pillow as Raymond leaves and closes the door.