phase ten - make a damn move

in dirt farmers house compared to a couple months ago, that night, the house was filled with only warmth and happiness. all the kids agreed they would start trying to flip this house into a liveable area for themselves or whoever may want it in the future. with that, they all also agreed that the spenglers and groobersons would be moving to NYC to be able to be with uncle winston and everyone else, as well as to get phoebes mom a stable job. but, until then, they would be living with stantz in NYC, and the groobersons would be livin in the condo beside uncle winstons. another thing that had happened is that gary asked podcast if he would want to be adopted by him, as his parents were just very unloving (which is why he made the podcast), so nova had a brother!

podcast rambled to nova how stantz had been his other subscriber the whole time, venkman talked to her about how he would fix up the ghostbusters car, and winston talked to her about girls, which she didn't mind. they drank cocoa and laughed and played games that podcast and nova had spent their whole younger childhood playing and making up.

at one point in the night, nova goes out to take a breath of fresh air,  already feeling nostalgic as she looked out on the front yard, remembering everything that happened only a couple hours ago. she knew it was over, but then again, nothing is ever over until you're dead and not a ghost, so... she couldn't definitely cross that out yet. then, she started thinking about how different everything became when the spenglers entered her life. how they made everyday-life seem so endless, so full of life in this dull small town. not only do ghostbusters (plus their relatives) eliminate the ghosts and dead life, they bring back the happiness and joy of life. the kind of life that everyone wants: a life where the joy takes over the bad anyday. and nova was glad to have that.

looking up at the sky, she saw stars sparkle and twinkle high above her, and she would like to believe the shooting star that flies by every once in awhile was egon, coming to check up on her and his family. stars connected and distance from one another, clusters of them making little families and balls of dim light to bring to the earth.

"hey," she heard from behind her. looking up, she saw phoebe. "hi." nova smiled back at her. "mind if i sit for a second?" "go for it." phoebe walks down a step before sitting down beside her, looking up at the sky with her, then nudged her. "so, tonight..." phoebe starts. "insane." nova finished. "thats one way to say it." phoebe stated, pushing her glasses up her nose. "your grandpa really was the sweetest man." nova said, looking over at her. "i know... but it feels better when someone says it." they both laughed, before comfortable silence again. "can i admit something?" phoebe asked. "shoot." nova turned to the girl.

phoebe took a deep breath before talking. "so, being a scientist and a comedian," nova chuckled, "means experimenting with things. as a scientist. so when i became.. gay, i figured i had to experiment with liking girls. and i'm going to be honest, when i first saw you from my car through the window at spinners, even the back of your head seemed magnificent. and then when i saw your full face, when you honored me with your personality and graced me with your bubbly yet sarcastic presence, i immediately fell... fell in love. a zoo of butterflies erupted in my stomach when you called me by a nickname that everyone, even my mom, called me. when you laughed at my jokes, i smiled with you because your laugh and smile are so contagious. when you came back with a sarcastic remark, i couldn't help but feel a burn in my stomach, the envy to be with you as you said those things. what i'm trying to say... is that i'm in love with you, nova jackson grooberson. even though we've only knwon each other for 3 days, i'm still in love with you. your smile. your eyes. your laugh. everything about you. everything. would you maybe like to go out with me sometime this summer?"

a silence fell over them, but not for long.

"...are you kidding me? yes! of course i would love to go out with you." nova grinned so wide it looked like she was a serial killer. "wow, it was that easy?" "yes, just spilling out all your feelings to me. that easy." nova laughed. "it wasn't actually that easy. i feel like im sweating, my heart is beating so hard and fast, feel." phoebe took nova's hand and put it over her chest. "oh shit," nova chuckled. "yeah," phoebe laughed, looking down. "look, pheebs," nova started, "i feel bad that you literally just spilled out all your feelings without know what would happen, so, my turn."

"after we met that first day of summer classes, i remember dad asked me if i liked you over golden girls and chinese takeout, and i was blushing like an actual idiot. you were always so brave, risking yourself as if you were the bravest person ever. and you are. but as we got to know each other over the hours, noticing the small things about you, like how you would push your glasses up your nose bridge whenever you were nervous or thinking, i realized that i liked you... so so much. your hair, your jokes, oh my god, your jokes. they are so bad but so amazing at the same time. your outfits make me want to squeal from how cute you are. you are just... perfect."

phoebe was blushing so much now she looked like a tomato, and they hugged. tight. tighter than they ever had before. they laughed, smiling into one anothers shoulder. "wait, are you asexual?" nova asked phoebe, pulling apart for a second. "hell yeah." nova laughed, pulling her back to hug her again.

inside, they heard cheers and the clinks of glasses, and knew just what it was for.

phoebe spengler and nova jackson grooberson were going out, yall.

•••
a / n

i'm putting y'all out of your fucking misery, ITS HERE!!! youre welcome.

I LOVE YOU!
eat.
sleep.
drink water.

MELA.