chapter nine

mel

today is the day i get this meet this mystery girl that has stolen saniya's heart away. i was dressed in some black jeans with a crop top and some white air forces.

saniya decided that we should all bowl for desperate measures i brought her brother, manny. i couldn't stand the idea of being around saniya and this girl, watching them be all cute and shit.

luckily manny agreed so now we were on our way to meet them there and i was nervous to say the least.

"would you stop bouncing your leg like that, you're making me nervous jeez." manny complained as he drove us to our destination. i rolled my eyes.

"i'm sorry but like i don't know what to expect. what if i just jump up and sock her in the face", i said jokingly, referring to saniya's new girlfriend.

manny laughed slightly but tried to cover it up. "look it won't be so bad okay? if you feel like you're getting upset or anything just let me know.", he says.

"yeah and what the fuck are you gonna do?", i ask him curiously. he looks over at me and smiles. "tell yo ass to suck it the fuck up.", he laughs. i cross my arms over my chest and groan loudly.

-

we finally arrived and i could already see saniya's car was parked. i let go of a breath i didn't know i was holding in before opening the door and getting out.

"girl could you be less dramatic", manny says as he hops out with me. we both start heading inside and get our bowling shoes. i looked over to see saniya at a lane with a short dark skin girl.

we both walked over and i eased myself into the seat.

saniya turned around with a small smile on her face.

"you came... and you brought my brother", she says glaring at manny. i covered my laugh as he looked at me in disbelief. "you didn't tell her i was coming?"

"i'm sure i mentioned it", i lied with a smile on my face. "anyways get ready to get yall asses dusted", i said referring to her and her girlfriend.

saniya laughed. "y'all.. well mel. this is my girlfriend destiny", she said. i looked at destiny and smiled before saying hey then i proceeded to change shoes.

i heard manny cough annoyingly next to me and i nudge him in his side with my elbow causing him to groan. "shut yo ass up", i whispered before getting up and grabbing a ball.

"before we start imma head to the bathroom", destiny says and we all nodded. as she left, saniya came up to me leaning her elbow against the shelf.

"you doing okay?", she asks me and i looked at her confused. "yea why wouldn't i be?", i asked her.

"because you brought manny", she said laughing as she glanced over at him then back at me.

i rolled my eyes and smiled. "i honestly couldn't be here without him because i just can't be around-", just as i was about to say something i could regret, destiny had came back from the bathroom.

"never mind", i said before walking away and putting my bowling ball on the rack in our lane.

after everyone got their bowling balls, we began to play. i was first, saniya went second and manny went last. so far, destiny was beating our asses.