26

aaliyah pov

aaliyah pov

i wake up in a familiar room,immediately panicking. how did i end up back here?

i look on the walls seeing family pictures still there. i stand up and walk over to my desk.

i open it up and search around looking for the phone i had. yes i had a secret phone when i was younger.

they must have lost their mind if they thought i was going to go without a phone.

i find the charger with the phone and plug it in. if i log into my instagram account i can just easily dm billie.

i hid my phone under the blankets before getting ready to leave out the room. i twist the knob and it's locked.

they locked me into the the room. what the fuck?

i sigh before walking over to my charging phone. suddenly i hear the sound of keys rattling and i unplug my phone . i put the charger and phone underneath the covers quickly.

the door opens revealing my mom. "hi!aren't you glad to be home?" she smiles

"why did you bring me here?" i ask

"i just want to spend time with my daughter,i want to make things right aaliyah. i love you" she say

"bullshit" i say

"dinner will be ready in ten,your dad is on the way home from work. i'm sure he'll love the surprise of his daughter being here. go get ready" she smiles before closing the door

this time i don't hear her lock it. i walk over and grab the phone. i put in the password before heading to instagram.

i sign in as fast as possible and dm billie. i tell her i got kidnapped to be at my mom house.

i hide my phone again before fixing my hair. i open the door and walk out heading to the dining room.

i see the table neatly set up for three people. where's my sister?

"where's aria?" i ask

"she went to flordia. she still comes up every once in awhile though,you can go check out her room" she say

i walk down the hall to aria's old room. i open the door and see most of the things gone.

i wonder why she left to go to florida? i know living with mom was hell...but why florida?

i look around her desk looking for any clues or anything she left for me.

i find a box with a combination lock on it. i smile remembering everything about the memories we had with this box.

she gave me her combination number because she claimed we needed things only us could see. i put in the combination and open the box up.

inside i see a letter,it says 'to aaliyah'. i immediately open it up.

dear aaliyah,

i miss you. i wish you would've taken me with you. i love you for who you are,mom and dad are assholes. if you somehow find this letter then i'm happy for you. i'm happy mom and dad finally accepts you. i doubt that so mom probably is doing some weird shit.

you're the best big sister ever. i really want to stay in contact with you but mom claims if i talk to you i'll end up just like you. she claims i'll catch your "disease" whatever the fuck that means.

if you've gotten random calls with no one saying anything,it's probably me. i don't want to get caught. mom somehow knows my every move.

i just really want to talk to you. i miss you so much. i'm writing this while i'm 18 by the way. specifically three years since you've been gone.

love,aria

i wipe the tears i didn't even know we're falling before sniffing. i put the letter back in the box and lock it up.

before i get out of here i'm taking the box with me. i push it back where i found it and leave out her room.

the front door opens and i see my dad entering. "are my eyes playing tricks on me? my daughter is home?!" he smiles

"hi" i say blandly. i'm not interested in this fake love. they hate me for who i love so why are they being weird and lovely .

"i haven't seen my aaliyah every since she left" he say before hugging me

i don't hug back,awkwardly waiting for him to let go. he lets go and smiles at me. this is weird. i don't like this.

"so what brings you back?" he crosses his arms

he doesn't know that mom absolutely kidnapped me? "i-"

"she was in the area" my mom says for me

"hm okay" he say

we all sit down at the table and begin to eat. we eat in silence until my mom say "your dad and i have came to terms with who you are. we love you. even though it's taken years to realize the emotional damage,we see it and i just want you to know we accept you"

bullshit.this is all bullshit. she's lying.

"your mom is right" my dad smile

i don't like it here. i stand up and leave out the room. i head back to my room and close the door behind me.

i pull out the phone and head to instagram.

billieeilish

i'm taking a private jet
i'll be there soon

i ju

i get cut off with my typing by the sound of footsteps. i put my phone up before sitting in the bed like normal.

the door opens and my mom enters in the room. she close the door behind her and sit down beside me.

"i need you to listen to me clearly" she say

i don't want to hear shit you say. "no" i say

"just please...billie's ex wife thinks i kidnapped you so she can get with her. she's planning on trying to get billie back. i only agreed to her plan to warn you. i'm going to take you back first thing tomorrow."

"why didn't you just call me?"

"i knew you wouldn't answer and plus i knew you would like to be in your old room"

"why are you being nice all of a sudden? the other week you was just talking shit" i fold my arms

"i just wanted to spend time with you"

"well i don't" i say

"this stuff is all weird to me,i'm trying to be nice but it's weird" she say

"what? if it's so fucking weird why the fuck are you talking to me?"

she doesn't say anything but laugh. why is she laughing? i roll my eyes.

"i got you didn't i" she laugh "i don't love you,never will aaliyah. this whole thing is a act. it was so funny to have you thinking i was actually trying"

yeah i'm going to kill her.