Chapter Eleven

A/N: I'm really getting into this story. Expect more updates :)
🐨🐨🐨
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

The man steps to the side, inviting us in.
"Welcome Milo." He says with a thick accent.
"Atticus, this is Cassia. She's the one who saved us in the arena."Milo says pulling his hood off.
"Nice to meet you." I say extending my hand.
He takes it and shakes it but says nothing towards me.
"Why are you here, Milo?"
"We're running from the Romans."
"I'm trying to stay off their hotlist and you know that Milo." Atticus says raising his voice.
"Please, they're going to kill us." I plead.
"And what do you think they'll do to me?"
I don't answer.
"Please Atticus." Milo begs almost.
"Two days, got it. Only two days." He says in a undebatable tone.
"Thank you." Milo and I say at the same time.
"But she makes dinner." He says jokingly, with a smile.

After we ate, Atticus gave use each a blanket and gave us the main room. We kept the fire going in the fire place and put both of our blankets on top of us. It's getting cold and I wish I would've packed some blankets for the nights we'll be spending out in the elements. I guess we'll just be a little cold unless we find someone willing to sell outlaws some blankets.
"What are we going to do when all of this is over?" I ask Milo.
"We'll live. Creat a new life. I can build us a house and I know the land up there well."
"And us?"
"I was thinking we could eventually get married, start a family."
I smile, blushing. My heart flutters to think of a future with Milo. A future I have wanted since I first saw him.
"I would love that." I whisper leaning in.
Milo leans in too and presses his lips to mine. Our kiss quickly becomes more heated as he rolls on top of me. All of a sudden someone clears their throat. Milo quickly slides off me and our kiss breaks, untangling our tongues.
"Sorry, just thought I'd let you guys know that I found this while out in town a while ago." He says showing us a flyer with our names plastered on it. Apparently Milo and I are number one and two on the most wanted list.
"I thought you were in your room." Milo says trying to change the subject especially because Atticus' anger is heating up the room.
"You didn't tell me about this! I can't have them coming in here. Especially not if you guys are this high on their kill list. I have family!"he rants.
"We're just trying to hide out until we can leave town. Then you'll never hear of us again." Milo says trying to calm him down.
"I want both of you out tomorrow at dawn. Got it?"
"Atticus please." Milo begs.
"You're lucky I don't throw you out tonight."
He says storming to his room and slamming the door.
"Let's get some sleep because we need to be out of here before dawn if we want to get out of here unnoticed."
I nod and turning away from Milo. He turns the same direction and wraps his arm around me. We fall asleep some-what peacefully, preparing for the journey ahead.