Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Sorry, I'm leaving out the wedding night scene because I don't want the rating to have to be mature. I may add it later though.

My eyes flutter open to the sound of chirping birds. I stretch and see Milo still asleep. I quietly crawl out from under the furs and slip some clothes on. I then head to the kitchen area and start preparing breakfast for both of us. He wakes up a few minutes before the food is done. He stretches.
"Morning." He yawns.
"Good morning." I smile.
He then crawls out of bed and dresses while my back is to him, cooking. I feel his arms on my waist and he kisses my cheek. I turn my head and kiss his lips.
"Looks good." He says into my hair.
"Fried bread?" I reply.
"No. You." He says huskily.
I blush.
"Go sit." I say.
I then flip the bread onto and plate and put some cheese on the plate. Then to go with it all I pour some cheap wine for the both of us. I take the food to Milo and sit next to him at the small table.
"You shouldn't drink on an empty stomach."
I shrug and Milo takes my cup from my hands and hands me a strip of bread and a piece of cheese.
"You eat, you'll need it for today." I say
"Yeah and you need it after last night." He smirks.
"Milo!" I shriek, blushing and playfully smacking his arm.
Just then I hear hooves outside. For some reason my stomachs sinks with fear.
"Who is that?" I ask Milo."
"I don't know." He says grabbing his sword from the corner of the room.
He then peers out the window. Trying not to be seen.
"Shit." He murmurs.
"What?" I ask, scared.
"The romans are heading to the village."
I'm paralyzed all of a sudden. Fear and dread fill my body.
"We need to leave. Now."
"Milo. I can't keep running forever." I whisper.
"What's our other option?" He asks shocked.
I shrug, knowing full well what the other option is.
"Please, Cassia. I can't lose you and I'm not giving up yet.
I nod, snapping out of my trance-like state. I quickly help him pack, ready to flee. I grab a basket and throw in blankets, extra clothes, food, and two canteens. I then slip a dagger into my dress' belt. Finally I put on a cloak.
I glance over to Milo and see him in warmer clothes and a cloak with a sword at his hip.
"Ready?"he asks.
"What's the plan?" I nod.
"We have to kill atleast one scout to get a horse."
"What about Camilia and her family?"
"They'll be fine." He assures right as several screams erupt from the town.
My face pales and I burry my face into my hands.
"Cassia we have to leave now. As ugh as I want to, we can't go into that town, they'll easily spot is and kill us."
"Ok, let's go." I say shaking my emotions away, standing.

I follow him through the woods until we see two Roman soldiers, each on their own horse. Milo motions for me to stop walking and he creeps behind them. He then plunges his sword into the first one's back, causing the man to spit up blood. His lifeless body hits the ground just as the second one's stomach is impaled. Milo hops on one horse and I hop onto the other and we take off, ready to get as far away from the place as possible.

A/N: thanks for reading 😁. Don't forget to vote and comment. 🐨