Chapter Five

The past week had been a blur. The wedding has been scheduled to take place in three weeks. Every detail had been planned, but not by me. My week was full of me nodding in agreement, rushing to and from places for preparation, and making sure that Corvus didn't do something stupid while he was drunk. I'm absolutely exhausted.
When I wake up I stretch out. Today is Saturday, Corvus has a meeting. Suddenly the sun shone brighter at my realization. I quickly get up.
An hour later I'm in town at the market. I stop by a cloth vendor when I hear tons of yelling. I see a circle of people crowded around a fight. Ugh men. Then people all of a sudden, people scatter. I see one guy on the ground bloodied and-
A gasp slips out. Milo. He then a runs to an alley. I casually walk closer and closer until I see him in between two buildings. I quickly dart over to him. He must've heard me dart in between the building because he turned around. His face filled with shock and he stopped walking.
"Hey." I said.
"Hi." He nods.
He starts walking again.
"How'd you get out of the arena?"
"Won." He says.
"Oh."
He finally gets to a dead end and I catch up eventually.
"Where's your boyfriend?" He questions kind of pissed.
"My fiancé is at some meeting and I think you know that I feel nothing for him."
"Good." He says putting his hands on my face.
He leans in a presses his warm lips to mine. I drop the basket that was in the crook of my elbow and run my fingers through his hair, kissing him back. He the drags his hand from my cheek to my waist. His touch sends shivers down my spine. All of the sudden a door flings open. We quickly pull apart to see Corvus, drunk...
And now pissed.

A/N: I know that it's really late and that it's technically Sunday where I live. Sorry. Also thx LokisBabydollBride for the ideas :)
Don't forget to vote and comment.