I do

Flashback

(Two months after the wedding)

Minerva had left for a couple of days. The house started to feel cold, the flowers she was taking care of started to die. I gave them water but it didn't work. It was like they needed her to bloom again. The coffee she showed me how to prepare didn't taste the same. The empty spot on her side of the bed still had her perfume, the art pieces she painted and hung on the wall always caught my attention when I walked past them, reminding me of the times we shared when they were made by her in the garden or in the living room. Always with so much patience and determination to create something new.
    I sat by the window every day wondering if I should call her and ask why she is not coming. Wondering if this is part of her game and she thinks I will miss her and call her.  

   I stared at my phone ready to give in but suddenly I heard someone at the door. My smile quickly appeared. Minerva had finally given up and realized I was not going to call her. She had to come back on her own. I ran to the door and opened it fast, ready to see her with a smirk on her face clearly enjoying the game we started and it was obvious she didn't mind losing sometimes. 
     But there in front of me was not minerva, my smile quickly changed into a soft smile happy to see that person again but confused of the reason of her standing in front of me.

"Hi Cheryl," she said. Her eyes on mine made me nervous.

"Toni, I didn't expect you to come… what are you doing her" 

Toni looked worried, she asked me to talk and said it was important. I invited her to the living room.

"Those paintings are yours?" Toni asked, referring to the painting Minerva did and were hanging on the wall. 

"Some are mine" I decided to give her a short answer. 

"They are beautiful" I nodded and waited for her to tell me what was so important that she decided to come and visit me. 

"Cheryl… people told me you were dating someone new" toni said and i didn't know where this was going. 

"Well those people lied… dating is a big word"

Toni asked me to sit next to her and grabbed my hand.

"You are allowed to move on" 

I nodded in response but inside my head and heart was telling me that it was impossible. 

"Someone said Minerva is the person you are dating? Is that true? "

Dating… of course it could look like that but we never agreed to date. My plan was to make minerva fall in love with me, her to confess her evil plan and then ask her to leave. 

"Cheryl?" 

"Minerva is just a friend"

"Cheryl, i came here because i found out that Minerva apparently dedicates her time to steal art"

Steal art… so all this time minerva came here to steal my art? 

"Toni… i don't understand what you want from me"

"Minerva is a dangerous person, you should stay away from her" 

"How did you find out?" 

"She stole the art of one of my friends and she told me she saw you with her kissing on a park and holding hands"

"... Thank you for telling me"

"I want you to be happy but minerva is not who she pretends to be"

"I understand"