Hook and Bait

"Well, that's a wrap on that case." Voight congratulated the team in their efforts to take down a violent rapist targeting women at the local college. Hailey and Jay were busy packing up the evidence boards to forward to the DA. "Ruzek, how's the undercover buys going? Are we getting close to moving up the food chain?"

"Getting there boss. I've steadily been increasing the amount of product I'm buying. In a couple days I plan to really up the request since it's the end of term for students and my customers will be ready to celebrate." Adam had been working on the case for several months. He had been trying to find the source of drugs from one of the local chapters of the Disciples gang.
"You know you aren't going to be able to get away with the college kid selling drugs much longer, Ruzek. You aren't a kid anymore." Jay raised his eyebrow. "These guys actually fell for it?"

"Hey now, I'm a grad student. They are in school forever and need the income to pay off school loans. And I've kept my boyish good looks." Ruzek shot back with a laugh.

"You're dreaming Ruz. Good thing you have Burgess to sell your story." Jay punched him in the shoulder and winked at Kim before going back to his desk. Adam crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it at Jay, shaking his head when his target caught it mid-air.

"Well, we've had some late nights lately on this case. Finish off your paperwork and head out early." Voight suggested before heading to his office to finish his own reports. The team turned to their computers eager to have some time to relax after a difficult case.

Later that evening Kim and Adam dressed up as middle class college students and went to meet Adam's contact in the Disciples. Kim waited leaning against the jeep with a short shirt which showed off her flat abdomen, light leather jacket and tight jeans. She had added thick eyeliner and darker lipstick than she would normally wear. Adam wore black slim track pants and a v-neck sweater. He strolled up to the three men standing at the entrance to an alley between two shops.

"Hey JD, nice to see you man." Ruzek fist bumped the drug dealers. They waved at Kim who had started going on buys with Ruzek in preparation for the eventual ambush.

"Mike, how did the exam go?" JD asked as he and one of the other gangsters turned to walk into the alley leaving the third man to keep watch.

"89% baby!" Adam boasted with a smile. "Exams are over by the end of the week. I'm wondering if you might be able to help me get some party favors for some celebrating students? It will be a lot more than my regular."

"A lot more, huh." JD nodded his head as the two walked further into the alley. "How much are you thinking?"

"500 skittles?" Ruzek suggested referring to Oxy pills. JD nodded and Adam could see him doing the math in his head.

"25k?" JD threw out the price.

"Come on man, what about a bulk discount? We've been doing this for months, we've been making each other loads of money, 20k." Adam countered.

"Well I'll talk to the boss and send you a text. I don't want to pull that kind of weight in the open. What do you need today?" JD nodded as they started to walk back towards the street. They made their deal which Adam pocketed quickly before they all fist bumped and Adam went back to the jeep.