Follow

Jay took a breath when he got into the van to think. He wanted to follow the car but the van wasn't made for high speed chases. He needed to follow but not be seen. He pulled up the tracker app on his phone and pulled up Adam's blinking dot. He pulled away from the curb and set off to follow the SUV at a distance. They went several blocks out of the residential area and into the nearby industrial area. Many of the warehouses were run down and many were closed all together. Jay saw something in the street and stopped briefly to pick up Adam's phone and keys. Clearly the gangsters thought the trackers would be hidden there. Jay felt relief with that discovery. His phone was ringing when he got back in the van.

"Where are you? Do you see the SUV still?" Voight barked over the phone.

"No, I didn't want them to know I was following so I am following the tracker. I just picked up Adam's phone and keys from the street so they must think that's where the tracker is." Jay gave them the crossroads he was at and the direction the tracker was taking him. After a few more minutes the tracker stopped. Jay stopped a street away and waited for a few minutes to make sure it didn't start up again. He turned on Adam's audio and put the headphones up to his ear.

"Wake up!" Jay heard over the headset. He heard some noises in the background. He texted Hailey the address where he had stopped while he listened.

"What do you want from me?" Jay heard Adam moan over the headset. The moan turned to cries of agony. Jay threw down the headset and jumped out of the van, drawing his gun.

"Sarg, they are hurting Adam, I'm going in." Jay spoke through the 2 way radio as Jay stayed to the shadows and approached the derelict warehouse.

"Wait for us Jay, We're ten minutes out." Voight answered back over the radio. Jay hugged close to the warehouse in the darkness, his heart beating hard in his chest. He suddenly heard an anguished cry from a slightly open window far above his head.

"Sarg, I don't know what they are doing but it's bad. I can hear him through a window. I'm going dark, if I can find a way in, I'm going. Call SWAT." Jay turned off his two way before his sergeant could argue as he tried to find a way into the building. He holstered his gun on his leg hoping the element of surprise he could incapacitate the gangsters silently without alerting the others he was there. The first door was sealed shut with no handle on the outside. Jay moved around the building to the next door and found the same thing. He swore but then heard movement on the other side of the door. He flattened himself next to the door. As the door cracked open he grabbed it and pulled it open farther. The gangster was shocked to find an angry cop on the other side. Jay punched him in the eye and spun the man around to wrap his arm around his neck. He quickly applied the choke hold and put the man to sleep before hiding him under a staircase.

The warehouse was dark with no electricity. The only light was from several high windows and they revealed a long hallway with several closed doors. Jay took a moment to listen down the hallway for signs of life or where Adam was being kept. Staying close to the wall, Jay knew approximately where he needed to go to get back to the window. A door in front of Jay opened and he jumped into action pushing the gang member back into the room. He inwardly swore when he saw another in the room lit by a small electric lantern. Jay quickly threw a punch at the first one which was blocked. The second gang member jumped out of his chair as Jay threw a second punch, catching the first in the jaw. Opponent two picked up the wooden chair and tried to hit Jay's exposed back but he quickly jumped out of the way and the chair smashed into his buddy's chest. Jay took the distraction to kick the second man in the chest, throwing him back over a table they had been playing cards on. Jay quickly knocked them both out and used zip ties to tie them to the table.

Leaving the two men unconscious and restrained Jay closed the door behind him and slipped back into the corridor. The silence was unnerving him and he strained to find any sign of where his friend was being held.

Voight, Kevin and Hailey raced towards Jay's location, lights and siren on until they got closer to ensure they didn't tip off the offenders. Kevin drove while Voight called Platt to send the SWAT team and any available backup to the address Jay had indicated. Hailey sat in the back trying not to bite her nails with worry for her partners. She silently cursed Jay for not waiting for them to go in to find Adam. She knew however, if the roles had been reversed she would have done the exact same thing. Kevin slowed and parked around the corner from the industrial building.

"We're going to do a walk around the building while we wait for backup. We need to find the best place to breach but we don't have enough people to cover the other exits. Patrol is on the way. SWAT has been mobilized and will be here in 15 minutes. We can't breach without backup. We're going to have to trust Jay to find Adam and keep him safe. Clearly these offenders have a plan in place and I'm not putting the rest of the team in danger." Voight laid out the plan, putting his hand up to ward off the instant arguments. They got their long guns out of the trunk and geared up for the eventual entry.