Chapter 3

"Did you find them?" Kai asked, walking towards Mito.

"I sensed a strong aura of fire, and darkness," Mito replied, "it's amazing how strong it is, probably stronger than yours."

"Which one?" Kai asked, enraged.

"The darkness one, it seems that the aura is half dark, half fire, it's weird," Mito sighed.

"Hiroki," Kai hissed, "one of those damn dragon warriors."

"What's the other aura with his?" Takato asked.

"Full fire, like, the aura is so strong," Mito replied, slowly smiling, "so strong, that I can strongly predict that she's one of the elements."

"Maybe this is it, we found an element," Kai chuckled, "now how am I going to do this?"

"Put a curse in her?" Takato suggested.

"For once, you gave a good idea, Takato," Mito chuckled.

"I'll think about that, it seems like the best idea," Kai nodded.

**********************

"Bring the fire a bit higher!" Hiroki shouted over the roaring flames.

"I'm trying!" Kazuya screeched, the flames getting bigger and bigger. Hiroki smiled and told her to stop.

"Great work, you got the hang of it," Hiroki applauded, "your control over fire is getting better."

"Well that's great, except my goddamn body hurts like hell!" Kazuya exclaimed.

"Can you hold out just for a little longer or do you need a break?" Hiroki asked.

"A break please," Kazuya sighed, settling down, leaning on a rock, "this power drains so much of my energy, I'm unable to do so much."

"I know, it takes a lot of practice to master an element, but trust me when I say that you're doing amazing for a beginner. You're way better than I ever was. You're really strong," Hiroki encouraged.

"Jeez, I can tell you were lame, but you're definitely really good right now," Kazuya said with a rare smile.

"I appreciate it," Hiroki smiled, he let out his hand and a small black flame came out of it, Kazuya looked at it in confusion.

"Black fire?" Kazuya observed.

"Dark fire, it's the combination of the darkness element and the fire element," Hiroki explained, "I've learned to merge both and create a hybrid element, Dark fire, I'm the only one who has this combination as far as I know."

"How did you get through all that?" Kazuya asked curiously.

"Lots of training, it took me a decade to master it," Hiroki replied, "it's a very strong power, which is why neither me nor the boys use our hybrid elements."

"Oh," Kazuya sighed, "were you in....any battles?"

"Not major ones, we've fought a couple of enemies though," Hiroki replied, Kazuya noticed small black streaks on his arm as he sat next to her to rest.

"What's with your arm?" She asked, he looked at her curiously.

"Didn't know you would notice it that quickly," Hiroki chuckled.

"Just tell me," Kazuya snorted, she saw him open one side of his shirt, "w-what the hell are you doing?!"

"Showing you what it is," Hiroki replied, looking at her, he showed her one side of his body, a huge black dragon tattoo swirled across his right arm, from top to bottom, "my power symbol, when I'm truly angry, I turn into the dragon of dark fire."