12

It was getting really late and Jughead had yet to come home. Kenzie tried not to call him too much but she couldn't help but worry about it. Who knew what the town would do to him after his father had just admitted to murder. Who knew what the town would do to the both of them? No doubt turn their backs on them, but Kenzie was strong for the both of them. She wouldn't, no, she couldn't falter under the pressure. She stood on his phone, swiping through pictures of she and FP on her social media. She smiled sadly, wiping away the silent tears that slid down her face and onto her phone.

Jughead had finally came home after hours. He lied in Kenzies lap, and cried silently.

"I'm sorry for being out so late. I'm just trying to put the pieces together." He whispered, Kenzie looked down at him and saw everything FP. "We found something."

"What do you mean?"

Kenzie had no idea how to take the information. She was horrified. FP didn't kill Jason, but his own father killed him. Alice Cooper took the flash drive that had video evidence of Mr.Blossom killing his son to the police. She already had a paper ready for the morning so everyone knew the truth. Kenzie drives she and Jughead to police station, Kenzie having a little ounce of hope back. She watches as Jughead yells at Sheriff Keller that his father is innocent and after Alice Cooper showed him the proof he should've been let go. But unfortunately he would still be charged with knowledge of the murder and moving a dead body.

"He was threatened that someone would hurt me and Kenzie. Please Mr.Keller, think about me as if I'm Kevin." Jughead begged, Kenzie held Jughead after Sheriff Keller walked passed him. As they went back home Kenzie changed into one of FP's shirt that she stole. She didn't even know she fell asleep until Jughead shook her gently awake. "I'm sorry I let myself in, you didn't wake when I knocked." Kenzie was usually a light sleeper but last night was too much for her. She needed the rest. "I'm going down to the station, Mr.Keller is speaking with my dad today about his charges. Hopefully they offer him a deal. Will you come with me?" Kenzies mind only replays the last thing FP said to get.

"I don't think I should Jug." She shrugs sadly, sitting up from her pillow.

"Come on Ken, you know he didn't mean anything he said to you. It was to keep you away to protect you." He sighs, sitting next to her.

"I'll go next time okay? I think it should just be you and your dad today." He shakes his head, standing up. Before he leaves he looks back at her.

"Next time it'll be the whole family."

Kenzie could only walk around the house with a blank mind all day. She read over Alice's article for the day, she even mentioned Kenzie in it saying how FP was only protecting his family. Family. Something everyone seemed to associate them as now. It made her feel warm inside. Surprisingly the only one seeming to understand why FP did it was Alice. The whole town turned on the Jones' the second everything hit the fan. Meanwhile, Jughead listened to Sheriff Keller and FP's conversation. If FP gave names to him then he would cut his sentence short. Right now he was looking at 20 years in prison. FP declined, he was never one to snitch, especially not on the people who have been there for him. Jughead looked up to him for keeping his word and not throwing anyone under the bus. Once  the Sheriff left, annoyed, Jughead sits in front of FP.

"Where's-" He cut himself off, almost too nervous to say her name out loud. "Where's Ken?"

"She's at home." Was all Jughead said. FP didn't want to seem weak in front of his son but he missed her. He can't stand to be away from his son but he really couldn't stand being away from Kenzie. He wanted to die when he heard her soft sobs as she walked away from him for the last time. Jughead could see the pain in his eyes. "She's okay. I've actually been staying with her. She gave me one of her rooms."

"Jug I may be going away for a long time. I just want you to know I love you son. If you don't want to stay with Kenz, there's always your mother-" Jughead cut him off.

"Mom doesn't want me." FP was about to deny what he said but Jughead kept talking. "I called her the night you were arrested and she told me not to come. Besides, I love Kenzie. I-I think I'm gonna sign the adoption papers." FP was angry with his ex wife but that went away when Jughead brought up Kenzie.

Kenzie or Jughead didn't even make an effort going to the towns Jubilee nights later. How the town treated FP and treats Jughead was not going to slide with Kenzie and she would not be supporting them until they support her family. FP was only doing something out of fear, to protect his son. The Blossoms were a scary family to mess with. In the middle of the night, Kenzie decided to make themself a cup of tea. She ran into Jughead and Betty standing near the fire. She seemed to have interrupt a conversation.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I was just getting tea." Kenzie scurries to the kitchen making the two of them laugh. Truthfully, Jughead had just told Betty he loved her for the first time. Once Kenzie came back out the two were kissing softly. "It's none of my business when or if it happens, but please use protection children." She goes back upstairs. Their cheeks turn pink. It seemed like she had just hopped into bed and finally had gotten comfortable when there was a knock on the door. It was almost 1 AM, who could be knocking at this time? She holds he robe close to her as she exits her room. She runs into Jughead and Betty exiting his room as well, they follow her down the stairs. Kenzie opens the door, her mouth falls open slightly as she sees a bunch of men and women in Serpent leather jackets standing in the rain. Jughead looks at her confused but poked his head out the door, doing the same expression as her. Betty could only watch it all.

"You're Kenzie." A man with long blonde hair states.

"Yes?" She says, intimidated by all the eyes on her. This was way more than her students. She could practically see Alice Cooper lights on as she watched all the Serpents on Kenzie's front lawn.

"Hey." Jughead greets the man, I guess the two had encounters already.

"We heard FP could've named names but didn't." Kenzie looks to Jughead, who shakes his head. "Serpents take care of their own." The man looks to both Kenzie and Jughead. "We wanted you both to know, that whatever happens to him and however king he's gone, we got your back." He and another man holding a dog hold out two leather jackets. "These are yours." Jughead takes his, Kenzie hesitates but takes it from the man. Jughead puts his on, loving how he felt in the jacket. Kenzie smiles at Jughead, but in the back Betty is scared. Surely he wouldn't be joining the gang right?

"Thank you..." Kenzie started.

"Tall boy."

"Tall boy, would you all want to come in? It's raining and cold and I wouldn't want any of you to travel back in his condition." Kenzie offered, all of the Serpents smile at her hospitality. FP got a good one, no doubt.

"Thank you for the offer but we'll be okay. Jughead has my number if you need anything. Don't hesitate Queen." Queen. They watched as they left one by one on their motorcycles and cars. Kenzie looked down at the jacket once more, it is a cool jacket. She loved wearing FP's but she promised herself after her father and brother, no gangs and she was going to stick to her word. She hung hers in her closet but took out FP's. She smelled it, his cologne still lingering on it. She lied back down in bed, laying the jacket over her and let a few tears escape. She dreamt of FP that night. FP and Jughead as a family.