11

Kenzie sat in her car, mustering up the courage to knock on his front door. All of her horrible childhood memories on that front porch. All the secret hiding places she had under the house. She closes her car door, slowly making her way to the house. She hesitates before she knocks. To her surprise, he wasn't drunk or didn't smell like alcohol or weed. He noticed her tear stained face instantly, he could never forget it as their father made her cry everyday. Though he didn't budge, his face was still cold towards her. She began crying once more, he sighs, taking her in his arms. He was younger, but always held her like he was older. Even when he were four feet tall and she was five feet, he still stood in front of her to protect her. Now years later, Kenzie only grew 5 inches while Malachi grew up to six foot. She held him tightly, crying into his chest.

"What's going on?" He asks, the two of them sit down on their front porch that still had their mother's signature bench swing.

"Don't get mad okay?" She calmed down, putting her hair up before she told the long story of her and FP. Everybody knew FP's name, so there was no way of hiding that he was a serpent.

"FP, Jones??" The anger in Malachi rose, and so did he but Kenzie held him back. "I don't care what's happened between us Kenz, he made you cry and that gives me a reason to fight him and his stupid snakes."

"He's already in jail Mal, and that's not a good reason to cause violence. I'll get over it okay?" Malachi sat back down after a couple more attempts of Kenzie stopping him. "I'm glad to be here, with you." Kenzie looked in the distance, she didn't know why this side of town always seemed dark and dirty but she always knew it was home. "I know you won't believe me but I've missed you. So so much."

"Do you remember what mom would always say to us? Whenever dad would go absolutely nuts?" He chuckles, remembering the memories. "No matter what we go through, love will end up bringing everyone back together. I guess she was right."

"She was right. I love you Malachi, I always will okay?" And after years, Malachi finally got the big sister hug he's desperately needed. He sighs deeply into her arms, hugging her back tightly. "I have to go get the rest of my things, but call me okay? My house is always open to you. I love you and be safe." He hugs her tightly before letting her go and watching her leave. His anger for FP still there, and it only gave him more of a motive.

Kenzie cried her way home, watching as every single place her and FP had made memories zoomed past her as she drove. She finally made it back to her house, as she got closer she saw the little figure in front of her door become bigger. There Jughead held his head in his hands, sleeping away. He had been waiting for her since she's left his fathers trailer. She runs out of her car to quickly unlock her door, she shakes Jughead awake and helps him inside, sitting him on her couch. She turns on the fire place and places a blanket over his cold body. She sighs as she watches over his face.

"Please don't give up on me Ken. I know I was harsh in the beginning but you're my family now. I know he hurt you. He hurts me all the time and I don't care if you never see him again. This is the worse things he's ever done, but please don't give up on me. I'm not him." Jughead shivered, she lied another blanket over him. "I tried calling my own mother, and she didn't want to see me. Please Ken. You're all I have"

"Jughead. No matter what happened between your father and I, I was always going to continue our relationship." The thought of never speaking to Jughead never crossed her mind. "No matter what happens, you'll still be my son."

"Can I stay with you from now on?" He asks, finally warming up.

"Of course you can." For the rest of the night Kenzie got her guest bedroom ready for Jughead. She took down the decorations from the walls so whenever Jughead was ready he can start decorating himself. She went back downstairs to let him know the room was ready but he was passed out on the couch. Cuddled into his blanket with a small smile on his face. She smiled softly, taking his beanie off. A knock on the door took her focus away from him. She checks the peephole before opening the door. "Fred?"

"I just wanted to see how you were holding up." He had his hands in his pockets, he was a little nervous to ask. Of course she wasn't okay but he needed to check up on his friend. She shut the door behind her as quiet as she could, taking a seat on her porch, him sitting next to her.

"Who knew this would be my life when I moved here." She chuckled to herself. Fred shrugs off his jacket, putting it over her shoulders to keep her warm. "I can't believe this Fred. Why can't I believe he actually murdered someone? It's just-" she shook her head. "It doesn't sound right."

"I can't either Kenzie." He sighed deeply. "And I just want to apologize for my boy. He had no right rummaging through FP's things like that, which were also your things. I didn't raise him to be this way."

"He's a kid Fred, I can't stay angry at him. I'm just worried it'll put a strain on he and Jughead's relationship." Speaking of Jughead, he had just exited the front door. He stopped himself after seeing Fred and Kenzie sitting, to which they both stand.

"H-hey I was just gonna go meet up with Betty." Kenzie nods, noticing how stiff he looked.

"Okay, call me if you need anything okay? I also attached a house key to your keychain." He nods, giving her a hug before leaving. "Should I be worried?" They both watched as he left, he seemed a little jumpy.

"As a father, I'm gonna tell you yes, but then again, his father did just admit to murder"