Reality hurts too

Doctors finally let me leave the hospital after a lot of observing and different tests. It felt weird yet great at the same time that I could finally get out of there. My body was still quite weak, but I was slowly getting my strenght back.

The doctor told me to do some excercises to gain more strenght, even tho I didn't feel like doing those at all.

Doing sports seemed always like a waste of time for me. You sweat a lot and then have pain if you are not used to it. Once you're sweaty, everything on your body is sticky and smelly and that's a no go for somebody like me.

Dad drove us home and helped me to get out of the car as we arrived.

I walked to my room slowly and observed it for a while. Exactly the same. Same like the room I was in while in coma. So many memories started to come to my mind. I smiled. Then began a tear up.

,,Are you alright sweetie?" Dad asked as he approached me slowly.

,,Hm? Yes. All good." I lied and tried to hide my teary eyes.

He came closer to me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back but I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

,,It'll be alright." He whispered.

It won't. Nothing will be. But you wouldn't understand...

,,Let it be dad. I'll be alright I just...need to adjust I suppose. I've been gone for so long I'm still confused." I smiled as I wiped the tears off of my face.

I then went to sit on my bed. Oh. The memories. Bittersweet memories.

,,Go and rest. I'll go and rest too a little. Oh and before I forget. Gaia wishes you well."

Gaia.

,,Wait-" I stopped him from going away. ,,You know her?"

,,You see. I was desperate. I knew that you are still alive. But I couldn't reach you. So I tried to find somebody who could. You know I don't believe in this stuff, but..." He looked at me with sparkle of hope in his eyes. ,,I guess it's real. You are here after all and you also know who I'm talking about." He smiled slightly.

I looked down on my feet. Dad reached out to her to bring me back. It was her job to bring me back.

,,Dad. Can I see Gaia?" I asked.

,,Of course. She wants to see you too actually. But not now ok? You need to rest first."

I nodded and he slowly closed the door as he left my room. I layed down slowly. After that, I fell asleep.

.   .   .

I was sitting on a bench in a park. Soon Gaia was supposed to come and see me. I was nervous. The last time I've seen her was in my coma world.

I was playing with my fingers and looking down on my feet the entire time. It felt like eternity.

,,Y/N." I heard a familiar voice.

,,Gaia!" I stood up immediately which wasn't smart since I still got dizzy by sudden and fast movements. I fell back on the bench.

,,Slowly young lady. Don't get injured again." She smiled friendly and sat next to me. ,,How are you doing? Is your recovery going well?" She asked.

,,I guess so. Sudden movements are still making me dizzy. But I am getting a little stronger. It's been 3 weeks since I woke up and left the hospital. I wish this process would go faster but I guess it's not the case." I admitted.