On the way to work

I was standing in the middle of the road. No car to be seen. No people to be seen. Just me, the road and one tree right in front of me.
I went closer to that tree, my body would just walk even tho I just wanted to stay still. I reached out my hand to the tree and touched it with my palm. The sky immediately turned pitch black. The road disappeared and it was just the tree and me. A rain started falling on my face as I noticed there were no leaves on tree anymore and it seemed dead.
I was scared and wanted to let go of it but I couldn't. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. Suddenly there was water all around me. Scared for my life I wanted to scream but nothing came out as I opened my mouth. My body felt weak and heavy and I started panicking. My heart was beating too fast and my breathing started increasing. I felt helpless. I, all by myself about to drown. Tears started falling down my face and I realized I was about to die soon.

,,Y/N! Y/N do you hear me?" A male voice asked.

I woke up immediately to see Chan right above me with a worried face expression. The realization hit me, I had another nightmare.

He kept holding my shoulder observing my face. I felt something wet and sticky on my face...did I really just cry? Oh no, he can't see me cry.

I sat up immediately trying to clean my face from tears, still feeling panic and anxiety.

,,Are you alright?" He asked clearly worried.

,,Yes." I said.

,,Did you have a nightmare?"

,,Why would you even care hm?" I asked him angrily.

I felt annoyed by that. He is the first person that has ever seen me like this. So weak and helpless right in front of him. I hated it when people have seen my weak side. It made me feel like an idiot, a weakling. I got up and went to the bathroom and locked the door.

As I looked in the mirror and have seen myself, my heart dropped. I had huge rings under my eyes. Both eyes were red from crying and I looked like a zombie. I was shaking and my cheeks were red as well. I touched my forehead with my hand. Do I have fever? I sighed and shook my head, then started washing my face with some cold water to wake me up better and calm me down a little.

As I came back to the room, Chan was still there. He was still worried but he smiled when he noticed I was back.

,,What time is it?" I asked in the end.

,,It's nearly 5 in the morning." He responded.

,,Well time to stay up then."

I could feel his eyes on me. It was weird. I looked at him to just see his confused expression.

,,What?"

,,You are not going to bed anymore?"

I had to laugh at that question. That made him even more confused.

,,I have to go to work." I said finally.

His eyes became even bigger than they were.

,,I start work at 6. Well usually at 7 but since there's so much work I need to finish, I'll go earlier today or else I won't be done with it any time soon." I admitted while opening my closet to decide what to wear.

I've chosen a black hoodie and some red jeans. I never truly cared about how I look like at work. It found it unnecessary. I mean, I liked looking good and all, but since I started the job, I started losing motivation in trying to make me look good. After all, they already judge me for the way I look like and dress so what's the point in trying to make them even more confused or uncomfortable around me? And since it was still often cold outside, I didn't care at all I was just happy when I could be warm. I don't like cold weather too much. Too hot neither tho.