-c h a p t e r 1-

˜"*°•.˜"*°•"welcome home"•°*"˜.•°*"˜

-----
i stared out of the window as we drove past the houses, counting each red car i saw in my head...i was at number 12.

"Stella?" mom muttered.

i looked up at the rear view mirror so she could see me and i raised an eyebrow,

"we're just around the corner now so wake yourself up a little you look drained and we've got a lot to carry." she said staring at the road.

"that's cause i am drained." i mumbled,
she didn't say anything.

I was always that quiet girl who never spoke in class and was always eating lunch by herself in the corner of the cafeteria. I loved music, sleeping and i had a secret passion for baseball i hated new things...and that's why i wasn't speaking to mom. I made it my mission to not speak to her until she apologised you see i didn't care that i had to move to a new house or school but i really cared that she had moved me away from everything i grew up around...everything i had left of my Father. Dad left me and mom when i was 10 turning 11 so i only remember very little of him. I had a few pictures hidden in my diary and scattered here and there but pictures wouldn't ever be enough to fill the hole he left in my heart. All mom told me about his reason for leaving was because they didn't have the connection they did when they first met. I was a daddy's girl so it really hurt not having him around anymore and our old town was my only memory of him.

The school he would pick me up from, the bakery he took me too every saturday, the baseball field where he'd watch all my games...why did mom have to move and take all that away from me?
I missed baseball...i stopped playing a few years ago because at my last game i missed a hit and because of me we lost the game, it was quite an important one as well so all the girls were never the same around me. They distanced from me even more and whispered things about me every time they saw me so i just decided to quit instead.

"we're here Stel!" mom said to me as the car engine stopped. I took of my headphones and paused the song playing on my phone, i un clicked my seat belt and stared outside the window. I couldn't see our house because i was sat on the side of the window facing the other houses, i didn't care about the house i only cared about my room to be honest.

Mom got out of the car and was stood in front of the boot for around five minutes unloading everything.

I just stared at all of the houses, everything was so different and i didn't like it, I felt homesick and i just wanted to go back to my old house.
A few moments later, the moving truck arrived at the house and mom waved at the man who was smiling at her whilst coming out of the van.

She looked at me and signalled with her hands to come out of the car, i hesitated for a moment and just closed my eyes hoping i'd wake up but it didn't happen...mum opened the car door and i grabbed the blanket i had since i was 9, Dad got it for my birthday and i've kept it ever since, i refuse to let it go..i will keep it no matter the state of it even if it's roughed up or the size of my pinky i'll keep it close to me forever.

I stepped out of the car and the hot air blew onto my face, i was surely relived to feel cooler than i was when sat in the sweaty car..i turned my head to look at the house.

I stared at the big house, i was stunned at the size, it looked so much bigger and nicer than our old house..we've never been able to afford something like this.

"welcome home." mom said to me as she placed her arm around me smiling,
the house may be big and better than our old one..but this will never be home.

I sighed loud enough for her to hear and just went to the car to grab my bags.

How can she think this is home? Doesn't she miss home at all, does she not miss everything she was used to or where i grew up and shared memories? I was so angry and my body felt like it was on fire, i could feel my eyes tearing up and i was trying so hard to push them back down.

I put one of my bags down and stared at the bracelet my mom gave to me a while go, i pulled it off my arm and threw it down a drain on the floor that was next to me, i stared in anger and felt the tears coming back up.

"well you seem very angry dont you?" i heard an unfamiliar voice say to me...i froze.

-----☆-----☆----☆----☆----☆----☆----

word count: 884

------------------------------