-UL 39-

S O O Y O U N G

"Wow!" The twins reacted after I made the bonfire.

"Don't go near the fire, okay?" I told them and they nodded their heads.

We are sitting by the shore with a bonfire while we are waiting for the clock to strike twelve.

"Here you go." Jiwoo said giving each one of us a marshmallow on a stick.

We taught Hyunjin and Hyeju how to grill the marshmallow and told them how to avoid burning them.

"Hm? Mama you burned yours." Hyeju said.

I looked at my marshmallow and it was indeed burned. We laughed and just enjoyed the late night.

"1 minute!" I said after looking at my watch.

We started to count down and waited for the fireworks to be shown.

"3... 2... 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" We all shouted and the fireworks were already shining up in the sky.

I smile at how happy Hyunjin and Hyeju happily jumping and watching the fireworks. I look at Jiwoo and she silently watches the fireworks with a smile on her face.

"Happy new year mama!" Hyunjin and Hyeju greeted me and gave kisses on my cheeks.

"Happy new year my little ones." I said and gave them forehead kisses.

"Happy new mommy!" They also greeted Jiwoo and gave her kisses.

"Happy new year my loves." She said and hugged them tightly.

While they were busy hugging each other, I grabbed my phone and took a photo of them. First memory of the year.

Soon after, we headed inside and let the twins sleep in the room beside mine and Jiwoo's room. After making sure that they were already asleep, I headed down to the kitchen to fix the plates I left there.

Arriving at our room, Jiwoo was nowhere to be found inside the bedroom. I looked at the balcony and there she was standing and enjoying the breeze of the cold wind.

"You aren't sleeping yet?" I asked and put over a jacket on her.

"Not yet, you? You should already rest Soo, you were awake since four in the morning yesterday." She said looking at me.

"It was last year, Wooming." I joked and she smiled.

"Whatever Sooyoung." She said and looked back at the sea.

"How do you feel today?" I asked.

"Hmm, I feel happy, safe, contented, and peaceful. Being here makes me so calm." She answered.

"That's great."

There was a silence that surrounded us. But it was not awkward at all, it was a comfortable silence.

"Happy new year Sooyoung." She said out of the blue making me look at her.

"It feels great to finally start a new year with the people I feel loved and safe. I wish for us to have a wonderful year." She said with a smile.

"Happy new year to you too Wooming. I'm sure this new year will be really really special for us and our family. It feels great to greet the new year with finally a complete piece of the puzzle in my life." I said.

She hugged me which surprised me but I was able to hug her back immediately.

"I hope everything will be okay." She mumbles.

"It will Jiwoo, it will trust me, it will." I said and kissed her forehead.

The next day came and I woke with Jiwoo sleeping peacefully in my arms. I smiled at how cute she looked.