10 - Intelligence

Cedric hates drinking blood. But it also was the tastiest liquid to touch his tongue as well. He looked up at the bowl of blood. It didn't smell human. His hands were unchained, but they were cuffed none-the-less. It seems the prince wanted to have a decent conversation with him, because he was now sitting at the end of a dinning table. Sapphire was sitting next to him, trying her best to hide under the table. It seems they have given the poor girl quite a scare. Mikhail stood behind her. Cedric found himself flanked on either side by two fierce looking soliders.

Prince Earic sat at the other end as he used a knife to cut his stake. Sir Leonard sat rather awkwardly on one side, Lord Harrington on the other, gaping at Cedric like a circus attraction.

The food was also very generous. There were roasted bird, cheese, bread, various spreads and salads and bowls filled with bread and roasted potatoes.

"Please, everyone, help yourself," said Prince Earic. Behind him stood the other boy who was with the prince in Cedric's holding cell. Cedric couldn't imagine was a Yathurian Shadow Warrior was doing in Artaria. But it seems the prince was a mystery all together.

He never knew much about politics. But the rumours of the  prince appeared to be quite contrast from the truth. Also, Cedric was quite sure they weren't in Dragon Port anymore, nor in the Artarian capital.

They could only be in the Black Fortress, the fort given to the third prince when the crown prince ascended the thrown five years ago.

Ceder was hungry. So he drank from the bowl and began to eat. Sapphire followed, gripping the potatoes with her bare hands. Cedric flinched seeing her grabbing the food so, but he knew she was not on the right state to be scolded and taught..

In fact, Cedric was very hungry. Fortunately, the food kept coming. Everyone else was quite surprised at the amount both Cedric and Sapphire ate. Cedric didn't have the strenght mind.

"You eat, quite alot," Lord Harrington said.

Sapphire shrank away under the table again. She seemed quite terrified of the frivolous lord.

"It seems a body like your needs all the fuel it needs," Prince Earic said.

Lord Harrington turned to the prince, his eyes almost worshiping. "What do you plan to do with them, my prince."

"Don't be rude, Harrington. We have a legend amongst our midst."

A legend chained to a chair, Cedric told himself. Fortunately, they didn't bother to chain Sapphire.

"Everyone thinks that Cedric Oswain is dead. Even the King of Shokrea and every Shokrean alive," Prince Earic said.

"How can you be so sure," Lord Leonard asked.

"Will you send your best knight to be a spy, Lord Cohen? Eventhough it's difficult to have agents closer to the king, it is considered that Cedric Oswain is dead."

It was then did Cedric realize why there were so many various rumours about the prince and why no one ever bothered to fix them. He seemed too intelligent for all the rumours to be associated with him in truth. It seems the third prince was assigned to gather intelligence for the kingdom. And the more secret the organization was, the better it was to collect.

"Your information could be wrong," Sir Leonard said.

"My agents are not half hearted as you imagine, Lord Cohen," the prince replied. "You might dislike my origins, but do not look with the same window when it comes to my work."

Lord Leonard frowned before looking down at his goblet.

"Tell me, Lord Oswain," the prince said, turning his gaze to Cedric, "Why does everyone think you are dead?"