Before XI

The trial of the legendary serum underwent  amidst a crowd of onlookers. Fortunately, the royal physicians didn't allow alot of personal into the a hospital ward  room reserved only for three patients;Wilhelm Shield, Trojan Rodgers and Haddock Fell. The king and his most trusted knights were there to witness the infusion along with the most renowned physicians and a few nurses.

The first day was uneventful. Prince Xalvador and Cedric personally supervised the conversion, ordering food and blood.

Ever since Prince Xalvador's audience, the Blood-fever became the talk of the century as various rumours and tales spread from the castle to the capital and even to the farmlands around. They spoke of a miracle infusion which could cute anything and make a person so strong, they could lift horses.

On the third day of the experimentation did everyone discover about the need of blood. The king and the spectators felt horror as they learnt the news, but no one stopped the experimentation. After ten days, the results were obvious.

Wilhelm stopped heaving as he took his breath. Trojan Rodgers could move his feet again. Haddock Fells kidneys started to work again as his feet stopped swelling and his breathing became less laboured. In fifteen days, the royal physicians announced that the three subjects were completely healed from their ailments.

The only downside was the need to consume blood, but the fact was quickly ignored when compared to the benefits.

Lanira cried as she hugged Wilhelm, who was then able to walk on his own. They were given seperate rooms in the hospital to recuperate afterwards. She turned to Cedric who was standing behind them, watching.

"Th-thank you," she said, tears streaming down her eyes. "We will be in your dept till our deaths."

"Don't be too thankful, yet, Lanira," Cedric said with a sigh. "Nothing is certain about our condition... Yet."

But nothing else mattered to those who healed miraculously. This was enough to have the king convinced of the serum's effect, so much so that he was ready to try the infusion despite the opposition of his advisors.

The ones most displeased about the new discovery the the Tower Masters of the Wisdom Tower, who looked at Prince Xalvador's research with scrutinizing eyes.

Just ten days after Wilhelm healed completely, and four moon cycles after Princess Seline's departure, Prince Xalvador was called into the the king's private chambers. Prince Xalvador didn't go in alone, ordering Cedric to accompany him as well.

At that point, Cedric had already earned the name as the fourth prince's lap-dog for letting the prince stab him in front of the royal court. As such, it was no surprise to King Syrus when he saw Cedric enter his vision as well.

"Father," Prince Xalvador said, bowing in greeting.

The king waved his hand from his armchair.

"The serum, when will it be ready?"

"It's already ready, your highness. It only needs your approval."

The king nodded. "Make preparations for my conversion then." He waved his hand again, dismissing the prince.

But Prince Xalvador didn't leave.

"Leave. I need to rest."

Prince Xalvador relaxed his shoulders and folded his arms over him chest, which has balantly disrespectful in front of an elder.

"Your promise, father?"

The king muttered a curse under his breath. "With how obsessed you are with your sister, there are those who accuse you of inappropriate relations with your own sibling!"