8

Loki's POV
I looked to my side. Y/n had her head rested on my shoulder, and I could easily tell she was drowsy. She had read the same paragraph at least thrice. Even though I knew it would possibly upset her, I said, "Would you like to go to bed?"
"Hmm? Oh, bed. Yeah."
I smiled at her tired state and lifted her up. "Here, I'll leave you to get dressed and the like," I said. She shut the door to her bathroom and I changed outside. These pajamas were surprisingly comfortable. I was used to wearing just boxers on Asgard, but these were more comfortable. A few minutes later she came out wearing an oversized hoodie and sweatpants. Y/n crawled into bed and burrowed into her blanket. I began to settle into bed but I heard her whisper, "You can stay up here, if you want?"
I widened my eyes. She--she had never trusted me this much to invite me, lest the time she had a nightmare. "Are you sure? I don't want to do anything you're not comfortable with--"
"Loki. It's fine."
I exhaled and climbed into bed with her. I almost opened my mouth to ask her once again if she was alright with it, but when I looked over, Y/n was smiling at me. She had her arm draped over me and said, "I'm glad I have your company."
"I'm glad I do as well."
Y/n fell asleep within minutes and I held her sleeping self. Why was I so worried, so desperately concerned to protect her? I didn't love her. No, I couldn't. Then why did I offer to stay with her last night? And why have I been feeling what I have these few days? Get it together, Loki. Right now honestly would be the best time to consult my mother, but of course by Odin's word I couldn't see her. Or my brother. Before I knew it tears began to fall. "Loki, are you okay?"
I heard Y/n ask me that question. Damn it. I tried to wipe my tears away but she stopped me. "Loki, talk to me. What's wrong?" She asked.
"Nothing you need be concerned about."
"Okay. You were crying and I was just wanting to make sure you were alright."
Damn it. Damn you, Y/n, and your concerns about me--"Right. Just thinking about home," I said, my voice cracking. Y/n shifted to wipe my tears.
"I'm sorry. I wish I could make it all go away. I wish I could make it better."
"No, no. Don't feel like that--"
"But you're suffering, and I don't want you to feel like that."
I didn't say anything, I just held Y/n's hand. I kissed her on her cheek and let the remaining tears fall. Eventually I fell asleep, Y/n curled up next to me. If I were to go home right now, I would take her with me.
Normal POV
The next morning I woke up with Loki wrapped around me. I checked my alarm-- 9:45. I almost started panicking but then I remembered it was a Saturday and I didn't have to work. I relaxed and rested my head on Loki's shoulder. Loki opened his eyes and saw me looking into his green eyes. He smiled and kissed me on the forehead. "Good morning, my darling," he said just audibly.
"Morning, Loki."
"Do you have to work today?"
"No, nor do I have to work tomorrow."
"Good. I want to do something nice for you today."
"And what is that?"
"It is a surprise, my love," he said. I shook my head and returned the kiss on his forehead. I rose from the bed and didn't even make it before Loki pulled me back onto the covers. "What are you doing?" I laughed.
"It's too early. And you ask too many questions."
I rolled my eyes and pried Loki's arms off of my waist. I heard a soft laugh come from behind me and I finally got up from the bed. "Come on, Loki. I'm making breakfast," I said.
"Ah, no. I'm making breakfast."
I sighed and sat down on the barstool in the kitchen. I watched as Loki made scrambled eggs and pancakes. He poured orange juice and set a plate in front of me. "Don't worry about me, love, I have a plate for myself," he said when I tried to protest.
After breakfast, much to my dismay, Loki cleaned up the dishes. "Are you going to let me do anything around here?" I smirked. He bopped my nose and winked. That told me a very clear no. I got dressed and brushed my hair. I came out and saw Loki already dressed. "So where are we off to?" I asked.
"You'll see. But, erm, you'll have to drive."