035,

EPISODE ONEthe hellfire club

EPISODE ONE
the hellfire club.

IT HAD been eight months since the battle of starcourt, and since then, nova had distanced herself from the group, barely speaking to any of them. she found herself replaying what had happened every night in her head, and sometimes she wished she had pulled billy back, or even swapped places with him.

neil and susan started to get into fights until he forced them to leave. he tried to get nova to stay, but susan wouldn't have it. she wouldn't allow the girl to spend another minute with him. so, susan took her in. nova was forever grateful, even though she didn't show it much. susan didn't mind, she knew she was grieving. they moved to a trailer park, it wasn't as nice as their old house, but it was nice enough.

nova had broken up with lucas. there was no easy way to put it, and she definitely didn't want to. but she couldn't give him the love he deserved at that moment in time. and because lucas had always hated billy ( which he had every right to ) he was with her all day and every day, but he wouldn't exactly comfort her whenever she would speak about billy. he did try, but there was not much he could say. nova understood though and she did not blame him. lucas never gave up, though. every day he'd attempt to speak to her, see how she was, she'd mumble a few words before walking away. but he wasn't going to give up.

she had became even more hot headed than normal, and she started to think that she was turning into billy, but she didn't have time to think about it. she was failing in everything, never got any sleep due to the nightmares and stress, and the constant fear that it would all come back to haunt her.

don't stop believin' played through her headphones as she stepped off the bus ( steve had offered to drive her multiple times every day, which she had declined each time ) with a blank expression as she moved the messy strands of hair out of her face.

she made her way to the gym for the pep-rally, hoping to avoid anybody possible, until the school guidance counsellor, ms. kelly,  called her over. "nova! come!"

she sighed as she walked over, putting her headphones off her ears and around her neck. "where were you yesterday?" she grinned.

"right. sorry, i forgot it was thursday." she lied. she hated going to the guidance councillor. "well, i'd like to see you today. come straight after lunch, okay?"

nova raised her brows as a nod, before walking away, putting the headphones back on. she saw max get off the bus and smiled slightly as her sister walked next to her in silence. max knew nova wouldn't want to talk anyway.

the two found a place next to mike and dustin, who were arguing over who's girlfriend was better, as nova watched the cheerleaders do their routine, she shook her head as the crowd cheered.