001

"Why do you have to go back to that awful place?" My mother asked me.

"Mom! What do I tell you! That place is my real home, I grew up there!" I yell.

"But it's like a mental asylum! You don't understand! I don't want my daughter going there!" She had tears in her eyes as she spoke.

I stare down at my wrist, at the tattoo embroidered on my skin.
014 it read.

It's been 6 years since I escaped that place. My beloved, 001 helped me escape. I miss him. That's part of the reason I want to go back. And also my powers have gone. I need them back.

"Mom, I'm sorry," I say, hugging her and then leaving the house. "I'll miss you mom, but I have to go,"

"I'll visit!" She called after me.

I really hope she doesn't.

I exited into the pouring rain. This journey was going to be hell, but it was worth it to see my 001.

***

After hours of tracking through muddy fields and overgrown grasslands I reached the lab. It looked the same, but sort of abandoned.

Does this place still run?

I didn't really know where to enter, so I decided to enter through the pipe I escaped out of. Climbing through here gave me goosebumps. I was probably the only person to crawl through this pipe since 1974.

I reached the inside. It was dark and gave me flashbacks, again, to when 001 gave me the last hug I'd ever receive of him.

**
"I'll miss you, my girl," He said as I was about to crawl through the pipe.

I might never see this guy again. I was a wreck.

"But I want to stay. With you," I say, tears filling in my eyes.

"You can't, now go!" He demanded.

"Okay," I say quietly. "I'll be back, I love you forever 001,"

**
I know my way around here. I just needed to find 001 and then also find Papa, so I can get my powers back.

Suddenly, I spot someone in the distance.
And I realise.
Its him.
Its 001....

I immediately have no thought, and run up to him, opening up my arms.

"Is it really you?" I wail as he catches me in his arms.

"014? What the fuck are you doing here?" He said, sounding calm somehow.

"I came to see you," I say. "And also my powers have gone, where is Papa?"

He freezes at the word.
"Papa is dead," He whispers.

I struggle to process the words.

"Don't look so sad, he was a horrible person, I killed him for you," He said. "I killed everyone. Nobody comes here anymore, I'm by myself,"

"Wait, your telling me that your the only person here?" I question.

"Yes, but why on earth did you come back, I never expected you here, why so suddenly do you come to me?" He says, pulling me in closer anyway.

"I missed you 001. I've been thinking off you everyday. I really do miss you," I say innocently.

"I missed you too but you really shouldn't be here," He said. "Look, I'm a monster. We can't be together."

"But why," I say, tears falling out of my eyes. "You can be my monster. I love you,"

He pauses and holds me for a short while.
"014, I understand your happiness of seeing me, but I really don't see how we can stay together,"

"We just stay here! Please!" I protest.

"Follow me," He says taking my hand and leading me up a tight stairwell.